Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
We are seeking an exceptional candidate to be General Assembly’s Head of B2B Marketing for our B2B (Enterprise) business. This leader will own and develop GA’s B2B marketing and GTM strategy. You will have the opportunity to envision our B2B marketing strategy and engine, and drive cross-functional collaboration with product, and various functional marketing teams (customer acquisition, integrated marketing, product marketing and creative) to execute.
Initially the focus will be building a strategy to raise awareness and drive demand among companies in our priority industries of Financial Services, CPG and Professional Services, generating over $.5B in annual revenue. As part of a cross-functional team, this leader will work closely with our product leadership team, content/brand, lead generation/acquisition, and enterprise sales teams. This role will have dual reporting into the CMO and the President, Enterprise.
Marketing plans, thought leadership marketing and GTM strategy:
- Develop and execute on the B2B marketing strategy as well as the GTM strategy for our flagship enterprise products. Oversee key marketing activities to drive awareness, demand and qualified leads.
- In partnership with the product team, develop a targeted and differentiated value proposition messaging for our target industries and personas
- Develop our content/thought leadership strategy driven by assessment and other client insights—create and position B2B marketing content across programs and channels (web, digital, social, events, PR). This includes but is not limited to owning the roadmap for collateral development to support marketing and sales activities (brochures, white papers, case studies etc)
- Partner with the Product team to launch scalable new, B2B-specific offers based on changing talent needs.
- Competitor analysis: actively monitor the competitive landscape to track emerging trends and threats, be aware of competitor differentiation, and inform GA’s response tactics.
- Develop and maintain reporting to track the performance of key activities and campaigns and ensure strong ROI.
- Direct all B2B marketing activity, including third-party vendors, as needed to support the strategy and key initiatives.
- Clear B2B value proposition narrative
- Qualified leads from all channels
- R/E (return on B2B investments)
- Engagement metric on thought leadership campaigns