Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
Objective: Target, grow & engage GA’s hiring partner network with a focus on the hiring and career trajectory of our graduates.
We are seeking a Partnerships Manager to oversee the strategic work we do with our network of hiring partners. This role will be responsible for (a) building new + scalable relationships with hiring partners (b) maintaining existing relationships with our most crucial hiring partners, (c) developing and refining our strategies + processes that Partnership Leads and Specialists globally across GA will use to build local relationships with hiring partners. Key responsibilities of this role will include, but are not limited to, expanding on our company playbook around partner acquisition, engagement and retention, setting and tracking success metrics of the team as well as owning all data needs relating to this part of the organization, cultivating large scale hiring relationships and representing employer feedback to the larger organization.
The right person for this role is excited about relationship building, business development, and building scalable solutions that support the hiring needs of our grads and employers alike. This role will report to the Vice President of Academic Operations but will function as a matrix lead, meaning that this role requires an individual who is savvy in navigating a large organization and knows how to motivate others. While building an employer network that looks to hire and mentor our graduates will be the top priority of this role, this individual will also need to have the skills to work cross-functionally within our organization; in particular with our Marketing and Enterprise teams.
Responsibilities & Core activities include -- but are not limited to -- the following:
- Establish Success Metrics + Tracking - Revamp company playbook around partner engagement and acquisition and establish reporting processes to track accountability and success. Create visibility around work within the organization.
- Manage Key Partner Relationships - Cultivate and manage a list of priority relationships and actively build and scale them globally. Work with large (Fortune 500) companies to identify their goals around talent acquisition and talent development and create a hiring pipeline that meets their needs. Able to thrive in a multi-stakeholder, consultative partnership, and have the ability to not only hold your own in a C-suite environment, but consistently build deep relationships with CEOs and other top executives in the industry.
- Develop a Partnership Communication and Engagement Strategy - Partner with Marketing and other teams to create a communication cadence that is meaningful to our partner network and drives them to attend hiring and networking events, both in person and online.
- Establish Onboarding and Team Member Development Plan - Create robust onboarding plans for new partnership leads, as well as onboarding for roles that intersect with this part of the organization. Focus on long term team member development and education is key as well. This role will have direct reports and requires management skills.
- Focus on Scale - Support our online, micro and pop-up markets in developing an employer engagement strategy. Evaluate our current partner practices and identify missed opportunities and pain points.
- Direct and Oversee Reporting and Objectives - Lead objectives for the team with clear KPIs, working closely with data to provide Partnerships reporting company-wide, as well as build data based strategies.
Skills/qualifications | what we're looking for:
- Familiarity with the tech (software engineering, data science, UX) landscape; previous experience working in some facet of the tech industry. Awareness of the tech job market and breadth of opportunities.
- Big picture thinker; able to find new ways to improve efficiency both in terms of performance and the process.
- Team-first attitude: Motivated to help succeed in a fast-paced, deadline driven, and often ambiguous environment and can evaluate when team feedback should be implemented.
- Detail oriented; able to identify missing pieces to the puzzle, keep track of direct reports’ responsibilities, and aligning resources with real-time processes.
- Data-driven mindset; utilizing hard data to think strategically about future and multi-pronged partnerships
- Dynamic networker; engaging & comfortable in meetings and presentations of all scales.
- Resourceful; able to pull resources from the community and to tailor candidate recommendations based on organization needs.
- Able to manage large volume of requests and organize systems to keep track of relationships in various stages. Highly organized & data conscious.
- High emotional intelligence; able to empathize with others and can handle other people’s stress.
- 3+ years of relationship building, account management or sales experience.
- Previous management experience.
- Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Plans & Aligns: Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Builds Networks: Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
- Organizational Savvy: Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people related organizational dynamics.
- Balances Stakeholders: Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Drives Vision & Purpose: Painting a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action.