WHO ARE WE?
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 alumni — and counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager who is passionate about building products that our customers love. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll out products that deliver the company’s vision and strategy.
In this role, you own the life-cycle process of growth and continual improvement of products or portfolios of products. In growing and improving our portfolio of education products, you will identify opportunities through metrics, outline requirements and user benefits, create and manage project plans, and deliver product improvements designed to delight our learners and move the needle for our business at large. You will be the principal decision-maker on a portfolio of educational products that could include instructor-led courses, self-paced online programming, and assessment within our verticals spanning Technology, Data, Digital Marketing, Design, or Product Management. This is a U.S. based role with flexibility to be 100% remote.
- Recommend the nature and scope of present and future products by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product updates
- Understand market demand and user needs, and motivate cross-functional product development teams to build and improve GA’s portfolio of best-in-class education products to fulfill those demands and needs
- Based on user and market research, set product vision, identify product opportunities, then develop them into a 1-year roadmap
- Create business cases and gain executive approval for new ideas
- Organize cross-functionally with operations, marketing, admissions, and engineering teams to establish clear business requirements as well as test, iterate, and scale programs globally
- Ensure product success by developing robust market requirements and go-to-market strategies
- 3-5 years experience as a Product Manager
- Experience working face to face with customers and clients in a product management environment building long-standing relationships
- You are a strategic and effective communicator. You utilize various modalities to inspire, educate, map, influence, and persuade.
- Ability to translate the product vision into action by creating business cases, competitive analysis, product-market fit, and product differentiation analysis.
- Alignment with and passion for GA’s mission to transform our students’ lives through learning and alignment with GA’s Statement of Diversity and Inclusion
- Ability to work with all levels of management, including executive leadership and manage through indirect influence
- Knowledge of the competitive landscape, and industry players/leaders in the broader context of the product
- Process Management
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving
- Nimble Learning
- Interpersonal Savvy