Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 alumni — and counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
This role will be reporting to the Accounting Manager based in New York and will be a part of a diverse team who are responsible for the accounting across numerous international legal entities
- Participate in month end close activities, including the preparation and review of journals for Account Receivable, Accruals, Prepaid, Deferred Rent, Intercompany, Allocations.
- Reconcile intercompany accounts to ensure elimination upon consolidation.
- Maintain fixed asset subledger for accounting, processing and reporting of the assets
- Prepare and review monthly reconciliations of Balance Sheet accounts.
- Maintain and update the Close Management software (FloQast)
- Assist in reviewing and updating accounting and internal control procedures.
- Ensure the integrity of key processes by understanding systems, flow of transactions, internal controls
- Assist with the year-end international and domestic audits (information gathering and financial statement preparation).
- Assist with the information gathering and reporting of both international and domestic tax returns.
- Assist and lead other special projects as required.
Skills & Qualifications:
- ACCA/CPA Certified
- At least 3 years experience in financial reporting, accounting or audit
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with accounting systems (Oracle a plus)
- Advance IT Skills, particularly in Excel (pivot tables, Vlookups)
- Fluency in English written and oral (at least B2 – Upper Intermediate level)
- Proactive and flexible approach
- Ability to work independently in time efficient manner