Who Are We?
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
General Assembly is powered by hundreds of subject matter expert instructors around the world. The Head of Faculty is responsible for delivering instructional excellence to adult learners across all of General Assembly’s programs and leading a faculty journey that develops best-in-class practitioners. The Head of Faculty will work in close partnerships with General Assembly’s leaders to ensure that GA is viewed as an employer of choice by instructors, professors, and industry experts worldwide.
- Drive faculty engagement, satisfaction, retention, throughout the employee life-cycle, including recruiting top talent, formulating a smooth on and off-boarding process, establishing career pathways and opportunities for promotions, professional development, and leadership.
- Identify and assess current staff satisfaction on a number of variables, such as compensation, quality of life, career development, and community building. Establish clear and measurable milestones for success.
- Reimagine the faculty journey with a vision towards taking an individual instructor's already positive experience and turning it into a platform that is the envy of every teacher, professor, and industry expert.
- Cultivate a global faculty culture focused on diversity and inclusiveness through community building, cross-continent communications, training/mentorship, sharing best practices, and celebrating stand-out employees.
- Develop a framework and metrics for driving instructional excellence.
- Introduce/highlight exemplar teaching and learning best practices as models for faculty inspiration.
- Refine measurement tools, such as surveys and observations to gather meaningful and actionable performance data.
- Design and implement performance management, professional development, and ongoing faculty training that can be “personalized” according to individual faculty performance.
- Establish a global mentorship program that provides leadership and support opportunities for faculty growth.
- Represent the global faculty as a key stakeholder in the assessment, planning, and migration to new SIS, LMS, and other key platforms.
- Design and roll out a faculty tool adoption initiative to ensure a seamless transition from boutique data management systems and employee platforms to new enterprise-level systems.
- Work with regional teams to provide initial and on-going training and support around new tools, including a dedicated internal help desk.
- Identify and drive ongoing global initiatives and programs to increase instructor productivity.
- Assess the global faculty management structure’s function and design to ensure readiness for increased scale/growth.
- Align management structure to reduce manual and repetitive processes and optimize resources for high-value program work.
- Ensure local teams/offices are designed to meet the area’s unique program needs while implementing consistent and scalable protocols across the globe.
- Direct the planning process to develop annual and long-range goals and objectives around faculty operations at scale.
- Serve as a trusted and approachable resource for faculty challenges and aspirations.
- Partner with HR to ensure faculty are competitively compensated and classified correctly.
- Experience in creating and delivering world-class adult learning for both in-person and remote audiences.
- Experience leading a large (500+ staff) and globally distributed team
- An inspiring leader who can define and execute against a strategy and vision that is built upon data
- Skilled at effectively communicating information clearly and understandably to a variety of audiences across the globe
- Demonstrated ability to apply leadership, judgment, and political acumen in problem-solving in a complex environment
- Operationally minded and business savvy with experience managing a budget and making data-driven decisions.
- Attracts top talent
- Communicates effectively
- Cultivates innovation
- Drives engagement
- Drives vision & purpose
- Global perspective