Our Data Analytics Immersive course is a life-changing educational experience where students leave with the skills and mindset to take on new careers in a wide variety of Data Analytics roles.
We are looking for instructors to lead this 9-week full-time Data Analytics immersive.
Why Be a Part of the Data Analytics Immersive?
If you are looking to make a life-changing impact by doing what you know and love, this is the position for you. Through this unparalleled opportunity, you will:
- Deepen your own skills by guiding students through a rigorous journey where they begin as driven novices and leave as empowered data analysts
- Contribute your own expertise to a deep and broad global curriculum maintained by a team of talented data analytics instructors across multiple industries
- Facilitate a supportive and energetic community that lasts well beyond the course
- Hone your own leadership skills by working with an instructional team and classroom community
As a member of the instructional team, you will not only impact the careers of your own students, but you’ll also have a unique opportunity to shape the potential of students on a global scale through contributions to our global curriculum.
Skills and Qualifications
- You are an expert in Excel, Tableau, PowerBI, SQL, Python and related Python libraries (pandas, numpy).
- You have domain expertise in statistics, mathematics, and probability.
- You are the person your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are trying to figure something out.
- You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and trajectories of the newest generation of data analysts.
- Nice to haves:
- You are on top of industry trends in data, machine learning, deep learning, and AI.
- You have previous data analytics teaching experience, through a course, workshop, team training, etc.
Although remote, this role is based in Sydney, Australia and you must be authorised to work in Australia. Please ensure you have the right to work in Australia before applying.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Plan and implement a 9-week curriculum in conjunction with your local instructional team.
- Deliver instruction 5 days a week, including teaching, advising, and content development.
- Work closely with your instructional team to provide students with meaningful and prompt feedback on their progress.
- Collaborate alongside GA staff in order to best meet the needs and learning styles of your students.
- Guide students through the development of real world projects that will showcase their abilities to hiring managers.
- Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community.
- Inspire students to persevere through the challenges of learning complex subjects.
- Contribute to the material and direction of an expanding global curriculum, ensuring the course remains cutting-edge and effective for students worldwide.
Who are we?
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world.
Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning.
More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognised as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
General Assembly is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.