Who We Are
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
We are looking for full-time instructors:
Our Java Development Immersive course is a life-changing educational experience where our students learn the skills and mindsets to take on new careers as developers. We are looking for a lead instructor with strong experience to play a key role on our growing instructional team.
Why teach our Java Instructor Immersive?
If you are looking to make a life-changing impact by sharing your love for java development with the next generation of developers, we’d love for you to consider joining our team. We deliver more than just skills training, and are looking for teachers who share our vision for a community of lifelong learners pursuing work that they love. As a full-time teacher for our flagship full-time java development program, you will join us on one of our many campuses to:
- Work closely with one or more co-instructors to guide students through a rigorous, transformational journey towards apprenticeship in java development.
- Become a better leader, and mentor as you learn from veteran instructors and our world-class instructional coaches.
- Inspire and support students as they identify their passions and drive their own continued learning beyond the curriculum.
- Adapt our global curriculum and use it to guide your teaching, building your own lesson plans as needed and contributing back your lessons learned over time.
- Facilitate a safe, supportive, and energetic community that welcomes the various needs and learning styles of your students.
Build, test, and integrate full-stack Java web applications by leveraging the Spring ecosystem and Agile workflows.
Students coming into the program are expected to have some object-oriented development experience in a major programming language. There’s some flexibility with instructors, the biggest criteria will be that they’re proficient in full-stack Java web application development with the Spring framework.
- 4+ years in full-stack Java development (e.g. Lead Developer, Java Developer, Application Developer, Senior Application Developer, etc)
- 1+ years working with the Spring framework
- Spring Boot
- HTML / CSS
- Experience working in an Agile/XP environment
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- JPA / Hibernate
General Assembly is a licensed school in all states that we operate in, and some states require instructors to be licensed to teach. If hired, you will be required to submit and be approved as an instructor in relevant states. Directions for becoming licensed will be shared with you during onboarding. Licensure requirements vary by state, but you may be required to provide academic transcripts and to answer questions pertaining to moral character, professional conduct, education, and work history. General Assembly will pay for all licensing fees.