Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 60,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our upskilling and reskilling initiatives. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
The VP People is responsible for providing human resources leadership to align GA’s strategic priorities with capabilities required to deliver on GA’s mission, goals and culture. As trusted advisor to the CEO and Senior Leadership Team, the VP People is responsible for all people related strategies to drive engagement, inspiration, transparency and motivation across the GA teams and in alignment with Global Talent Solutions. Leading transformation initiatives that impact GA’s growth and strategy implementation will be a key responsibility of the VP People. The VP People will report to the Global Head HR Talent Solutions, with a matrix reporting line into the CEO of GA.
- Develop and implement global HR strategies in support of the overall business plan and in line with the strategic direction of GA
- Play a key advisory role in GA’s organization design & development to support rapid growth and drive integration while maintaining employee engagement
- Drive the evolution of a truly global, high performing and collaborative culture through active engagement with colleagues and by delivering initiatives to drive GA’s culture, vision and values in alignment with The Adecco Group
- Steer the Diversity & Inclusion function to drive D&I initiatives globally that support the vision and values of GA and The Adecco Group
- Develop and utilize data analysis to anticipate talent needs and provide insights to the business for competitive decision making
- Collaborate in a matrix environment, working closely with HR teams globally to design, harmonize and deliver efficient processes, policies, and services to meet the needs of the business
- Challenge the status quo and define innovative ways of working to best serve GA’s customers
- Build on the strong GA employer brand and deliver on the promise of transforming lives through education by increasing awareness and promote the GA brand externally
- Proactively manage talent management & development initiatives to ensure the business is future proofed by ensuring talent is available, retained and able to meet future growth opportunities
- Promote a collaborative culture across GA and The Adecco Group and act as a highly visible role model of exceptional performance and teamwork
- Build a winning reputation by creating strong relationships and trust, innovative People practices, and inspiring teams and leaders towards outstanding People outcomes
- Oversee the deployment of competitive and compliant remuneration frameworks in line with market practice and relevant regulations
Desired Experience & Skills:
- 15-20+ years of relevant international experience leading a global human resources operation, with specific experience in the services, human capital solutions, education and/or otherwise relevant B2B/B2C industry
- Successful track record in managing large scale business transformation and post-merger integration initiatives in an international environment
- Experience in working at an early stage, high-growth organization, as well as large globally scaled business. Working with a founder-led company a plus.
- Team player with proven success in partnering with Senior Leadership Teams, senior business leaders, direct reports and global colleagues
- Polished communicator and thought leader able to represent the GA’s people strategy in diverse settings including client meetings, social media, conferences etc
- Strong commitment and track record in driving inclusion and diversity initiatives
- Expertise in creating and delivering people strategies that add measurable efficiency at all levels of the organization
- Exceptional strategic planning ability coupled with an operational perspective to help drive synergies across the organization
- Reputation of credibility, uncompromising ethics and proven success as an intuitive and trusted advisor and partner to a senior leadership
Drives Vision and Purpose - Painting a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action.
Business Insight - Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
Decision Quality - Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
Strategic Mindset - Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Builds Effective Teams - Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
Courage - Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said.
Manages Ambiguity - Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
Values Differences - Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
Drives Engagement - Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives
Cultivates Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
Organizational Savvy - Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people related organizational dynamics.