Who We Are
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
This role supports all business development project management responsibilities related to regional expansion of GA markets through public and private investment, as well as the design, development, and implementation of education and training programs that promote access, diversity, and socioeconomic mobility for talent from underserved and overlooked communities. This individual will work with employers, government, partners, and philanthropies to help replicate the “Future Lou” initiative, and support efforts related to program implementation, partnership development, fundraising, and overall growth & strategy of impact programs.
- Manage sales operations for a pipeline of ~75 prospects, including partner research and outreach, documenting activity and required deliverables and follow-ups (30%)
- Create and write proposals, decks, and other sales collateral for funding for corporate social responsibility investments, government RFPs, and foundations, gathering the necessary data from across the business for detailed, comprehensive proposals. (30%)
- Ensure clear communication between sales and delivery teams, as well as other relevant GA teams (finance, legal, creative, etc) and compile and summarize updates on project process and sales activity for GA & Adecco executive (25%)
- Handle and triage inbound social impact requests appropriately, e.g. nonprofits seeking free GA curricula or companies looking to sponsor GA student scholarships (15%)
- Provide thought partnership with the External Affairs team on ideas and questions around representation, equity, and justice across tech and skills-based training education (Underpins everything)
- Candidates should have a work mindset centered around social justice and a nuanced understanding of social and policy issues affecting individuals and communities with barriers to education and employment.
- A minimum of two years in a sales or sales enablement role (admissions, account director) or in a complex, student-facing project management role (student experience, career coach).
- Track record of meeting or exceeding expectations in previous functions at GA.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills. A team player who always starts with yes.
- Demonstrates expert level knowledge of GA’s offerings and business, and comfort communicating about our offerings to a wide range of audiences.
- Deep understanding of GA internal operations and how to access resources for marketing, creative, legal, finance, and other G&A support.
- Expert interpersonal and business communications skills; comfort developing sales process documentation and written copy for external-facing audiences on tight deadlines.
- Commitment to helping people transform their lives through education, and strong affinity for General Assembly’s mission and values.