Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 alumni — and counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. Our clients include everyone from many of the Fortune 500 companies, to government agencies, to small- and medium-sized businesses. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
The Finance Department is looking for a Financial Analyst ready to join the NYC team in a fast-paced startup environment. In this role, reporting to the FP&A Manager of the Consumer Business, you will be a part of a team that manages the full P&L to drive key business decisions. This role will challenge you and has great visibility with interactions with senior management and various teams across General Assembly.
Key Areas of Focus:
- Collaborate with accounting, campus operations, and the financial metrics teams to consolidate, report, and analyze revenue and expenses
- Create and maintain standardized and ad hoc financial schedules and reports, utilizing Oracle EPM and other financial systems
- Develop and implement new processes and procedures for enhanced reporting of key business drivers
- Assist in the creation of monthly financial deliverables for both management reporting and Adecco reporting
- Other projects, as needed
Attributes and Skills:
- Impressive attention to detail, all the time, every time.
- Strong mathematical skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Self-starter with the ability to set and keep deadlines and commitments.
- Empathy, patience and the ability to help people with questions – warm, clear communicator in person and electronically.
- Systems and digitally savvy in all approaches to connecting people and building programs.
- Highly flexible and willing to pinch-hit in any other Finance area necessary as we grow.
- Intellectual curiosity and enjoy working as part of a small team environment.
- Experience in financial planning and analysis
- Working knowledge of Oracle ERP, Oracle EPM a plus
- Expert knowledge of spreadsheet applications and databases
- Experience with Looker or another BI tool a plus
- Must be organized, detail-oriented
- Must be able to present analysis and findings to executives and peers
- Must have strong time management skills to manage multiple tasks
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines under a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently, prioritize workload and meet deadlines quickly and accurately
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills