Who are we?
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 alumni — and counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
This position reports to the Global Controller and will be responsible for the tax compliance and tax related financial reporting for the company's non-U.S. entities and operations. This will include: non-U.S. income and indirect tax compliance, international tax compliance as it relates to the U.S. consolidated federal tax return, financial reporting for all non-U.S. entities (GAAP and non-GAAP), as well as coordination of ex-pat tax services. This individual will also assist in tax planning, special assignments and other projects as assigned.
- Prepare U.S. GAAP and non-GAAP statutory tax provisions relating to the company's non-U.S. operations.
- Coordinate and prepare tax footnotes and other disclosures within the company's standalone financial statements.
- Manage external advisers for outsourced tax compliance (both income and indirect), as well as ensuring timely and accurate estimated tax payments.
- Responsible for understanding international tax implications of U.S. tax reform, as well as assisting in tax planning to minimize the global effective tax rate.
- Assists in developing tax-efficient strategies for the company.
- Review B2B cross border contracts for tax compliance evaluating the most business advantageous tax approach.
- Assist with establishing and maintaining transfer pricing documentation, including monitoring intercompany transactions and identifying opportunities to enhance transfer price setting.
- Manage foreign tax audits.
- Interact with various groups within the finance and accounting, legal and other teams as needed.
- Keep abreast of tax law changes and manage assigned projects to successful completion.
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor degree in accounting or finance
- CPA is strongly preferred
- MST or JD preferred
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in a top-tier public accounting firm and/or public company environment
- Familiarity with EU and other international tax requirements
- Knowledge of transfer pricing, inter-company transactions, and E&P analysis
- Federal Tax and Multi-state tax experience strongly preferred
- International Digital tax and educational product experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage all levels within a cross-functional organization through inspiration and influence
- Continuous improvement mindset and ability to function independently with a proactive, self-starter attitude
- Strategic Mindset
- Directing others
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Drive for results