Who We Are:
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 60,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our upskilling and reskilling initiatives. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
General Assembly is building a long-term perspective on our product offerings and looking for a Research and Insights Analyst to define, operationalize, and execute on our product research and insights.
Success in the role requires gathering input from internal stakeholders, first-party data, third-party data, and external vendors to synthesize and communicate the next opportunities that will move our business forward.
You will coordinate, deliver, and publish research on trends and approaches that address the problems GA’s Enterprise business solves and differentiate GA from our competitors. Insights include pricing and bundling strategy, product and portfolio strategy, product development, and other key business activities.
Research and Analysis
- Serve as a thought leader, keeping pace with developments in the industry and sharing knowledge with the team and org partners
- Think strategically about challenges being faced by the industry, and work closely with business management to identify impactful opportunities for research and analysis to provide actionable insights that will improve business results and customer experience.
- Research market demand and user needs to identify opportunities for innovation and improvement
- Manage research and insights projects from conception to delivery
- Perform ad hoc analyses to proactively address issues in support of business objectives
- Conduct primary research related to consumer experience and preferences
- Gather and analyze government/industry data to monitor industry trends and issues
- Partner effectively with external consultants and vendors, as appropriate, for projects
Acting on Findings
- Develop presentations with clear storylines to communicate key conclusions and recommendations
- Write actionable and compelling reports, articles and white papers
- Lead efforts, in collaboration with relevant stakeholders across GA, to establish mechanisms to systematically curate and share learnings across the organization via various channels (website, email, etc.)
- Deep and broad understanding of market research methods (qualitative, quantitative) as well as emerging methods (social listening, syndicated reports, analytics) with the ability to explain the benefits of using different approaches to solve various business problems
- Demonstrated expertise with quantitative survey design and management, as well as advanced data analysis skills
- Strong writing, communications and presentation skills - with the ability to distill complex data and insights into something digestible and interesting
- Credible with senior executives
- Strong business acumen and understanding of the levers that impact the success or failure of new initiatives
- Knowledge of the competitive landscape, and industry players/leaders in the broader context of the product
- Advanced excel skills required
- Experience with educational or tech clients preferred; must be interested in the "Ed Tech" industry
- Cultivates Innovation
- Strategic Mindset
- Communicates Effectively
- Business Insight
*To apply please submit any relevant work samples with your cover letter and resume.*