Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
As the Local Marketing Producer, you'll create and execute on a strategy that allows us to grow the business efficiently. Focusing on driving people to our campus and online events and workshops, and using data to optimize our offerings, you will grow awareness for General Assembly. You'll capture and create value through high-impact, high-volume events, classes, and workshops and help the broader GA Boston team create meaningful partnership opportunities with noteworthy companies, organizations, and individuals across Boston’s tech, design, data, startup and enterprise ecosystem. Ultimately, you will be responsible for increasing the size of the General Assembly audience; proposing creative ideas to reach new audiences; hitting revenue goals and other marketing health metrics; and maintaining a highly engaged and valuable community, allowing GA to continue to grow, scale, and change lives.
You'll collaborate closely with many people in the organization to accomplish your goals (the Admissions team, the Operations team, the Instructional team, the Global Marketing team, and more) and should be adept at managing through influence. You are comfortable holding your peers accountable, and work collaboratively to shape timelines and marshall the right resources from groups beyond your own.
You will report to Boston’s Sr. Manager of Local Marketing and Campus Operations and will be an integral part of a 3 person Local Marketing team.
Identify and market new and existing compelling topics by creating enticing event and workshop descriptions and marketing materials. Contribute your creativity and expertise to drive GA's holistic marketing plan forwards, taking ideas for new events, classes and local campaigns from concept stage through to launch.
Planning and Forecasting: Develop a quarterly events and workshops schedule that optimizes market demand and fills our event space and/or classrooms. Carefully select a mixture of content for your market and forecast the impact against quarterly business goals.
Execution and Scheduling: Collaborate with local and global teams on all aspects of program execution with a data-driven approach to optimizing the marketing funnel and strategically aligning local marketing efforts with course launches and business goals.
Workshop Staffing: Staff your quarterly classes and workshops plan from our pool of talented instructors and experts, working collaboratively with team members to ensure instructors are properly onboarded and prepared to run a great class.
Tracking & Reporting: You will keep track of and report on all metrics surrounding your event and workshops plan, identify opportunities and optimizations and address pacing issues as necessary.
Strategic Guidance and Team Contribution: General Assembly is a young, fast-growing company, and strategic decisions need to be made on the fly. You will have a hand in those decisions, including participating in the decision-making process around the prioritization and direction of content. You will work closely with other team members (including global marketing, admissions, and operations) to ensure the growth and success of the market as a whole.
- You have 3-5 years of prior marketing experience, with exposure to - and a solid understanding of - a range of marketing channels, such as: events, guerilla tactics, growth hacking, partnerships, email, website, paid, social, and content.
- You are entrepreneurial, independent, and self-directed, with the ability to set your own goals and priorities with minimal guidance. You are comfortable with ambiguity and last-minute changes, and remain calm under pressure.
- You are data-driven and comfortable with using and interpreting data to make decisions, present new ideas, and set strategies.
- You possess a “growth mindset” attitude towards learning and teaching as a craft.
- You are highly organized: When it comes to workflow, you take pride in your organizational skills. You can coordinate multiple projects at once and work with all necessary parties externally and internally to get the job done. You have the ability to multi-task, prioritize, problem-solve, and execute in a timely fashion.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as a proven ability to work collaboratively on a team demonstrating interpersonal savvy.
- You have a passion for education and for changing lives.
- You bring a contagious positivity and enthusiasm to the teams you join!
- Customer Focus
- Business Insight
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Drive for Results
- Strategic Mindset
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Learning on the Fly