Who We Are
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
The goal of the Online Career Coach is to ensure students in General Assembly’s remote immersive programs are supported as they start to think about their next professional steps once they graduate from the program. The Career Coach plays an essential role in ensuring that graduates are prepared for and confident in their job search. This role is a balance of leading students to meet the requirements to become a qualified jobseeker, developing and delivering our remote specific career development curriculum specific to each tech discipline it supports, and ensuring that graduates are empowered to find jobs in their new fields of study that they are passionate about in a timely manner.
This is a 100% Remote position.
- Manages a robust pipeline of students and graduates remotely through scalable and innovative programming initiatives, one-on-ones, employer engagement
- Responds to students and job seeker needs to identify challenges and mitigate areas of struggle to develop cohesive and intentional action plans
- Strives to understand and encourage the seeker to be active in their local tech scene and incorporate this community and perspective as much as possible.
- Serves as an accountability and thought partner to students and remote GA teammates (Instruction, Admissions, Marketing) and communicates a consistent, thoughtful, and unified message
- Delivers meaningful programs that reinforce best practices and empower job seekers to lead a successful and strategic job search
- Coach & Counselor - Ensure all job-seeking students & graduates have a smooth transition from class to job seeking and that they feel supported during this process. Reduce anxiety for students & graduates around their job search through clear communication. Help students identify their personal goals to best impact their job search & educational experience.
- Content Delivery - Educate students & graduates of immersive programs on skills needed to perform an effective job search. Lead both recurring one-on-one and group based programming remotely.
- Content Creation - Work with teams at GA that are responsible for curriculum to highlight updates as needed and create new student-facing resources. Be a key thought partner in the curriculum and resource creation.
- Creativity & Innovation Management - Work with the Online team to develop and grow our global remote outcomes program
- Internal Team Connector - Utilize and coordinate with GA community resources as needed to acquire additional educational opportunities (mock technical interviews, project feedback, etc.)
- Risk Management - Track student progress and highlight to teammates and stakeholders when a student isn’t doing well or falling out of communication. Also, ensure that we’re putting quality, qualified grads into our community.