Who We Are:
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 60,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our upskilling and reskilling initiatives. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
General Assembly is looking for an experienced sales leader to lead and manage our team of Inside Sales Account Directors. In this role, you will help our existing team to expand their impact by targeting outbound leads for our SMB customers. The SMB Sales Director is responsible for ensuring each team member has the tools they need to hit their sales targets, and will actively guide and coach the team to success. This position is ideal for those that thrive in a professional, competitive and collaborative team environment.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Train and coach your transactional SMB outbound sales representatives to understand how to map our product offerings with customer needs
- Manages outbound acquisition strategy to meet monthly scheduling goals with target buyers
- Help implement new sales approaches and techniques
- Partners with marketing to design outbound campaigns
- Provide sales feedback for sales calls by call shadowing of sales representatives
- Train your team to use an insight lead sales approach to teach C-Level executives across marketing, technology, data and human resources how General Assembly can help them solve their talent skills gap
- Model “what good looks like” to the team by helping them to use various methods of communication to suit customer needs including but not limited to: introduction (cold calls), follow-ups, and demonstration calls, introduction emails, follow-up emails, pre-and post-demonstration reminder.
- Plan and organize sales strategies for the team including, daily/weekly/monthly schedule to both exceed sales targets and mitigate customer churn
- Maintain Product and industry expertise, including software and application updates, releases, new partner offerings, market conditions, and industry trends.
- Effectively manage your team’s pipeline and opportunities in Salesforce to meet and/or exceed quota and account progress
Participates in trade shows and conventions as required.
- All other duties as assigned.
You're a great fit if you
- Have 2+ years of direct sales experience
- Have a proven track record of successfully managing sales teams.
- Are highly motivated with a drive to succeed and a passion for sales.
- Have experience selling to SMBs.
- Have a proven track record of recruiting and developing highly effective sales professionals.
- Love data and make data-informed decisions whenever possible.
- Possess unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character.
You should apply if you...
- Enjoy the challenge and opportunity of scaling a sales team.
- Practice excellent leadership and enjoy hiring and developing talented people.
- Thrive in a dynamic startup environment.
- Seek opportunities to improve and grow, always learning to do things better.
- Communicates effectively
- Drives engagement
- Develops talent
- Ensures accountability
- Business insight