Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
Team & Function Overview:
General Assembly's (GA) Enterprise (B2B) Sales Strategy & Operations function tasked with helping the business grow in a strategic, streamlined way and act as a multiplier for the sales team’s effectiveness. The Sales Operations Analyst role is an integral part of this function. With GA’s recent acquisition, B2B sales strategy and synergies are a top priority for GA, and this role will have the opportunity to lead key work streams for the function.
This role will be responsible for key pieces of the Sales Strategy & Operations function, including:
Go to Market Strategy
- Coordinate ongoing processes & follow ups to support sales team top of the funnel outreach (e.g., client and prospect engagement opportunities, coordinating conference outreach/follow up)
Sales monitoring, insights, and optimization
- Salesforce management
- Data cleanliness: Ensure a robust, clean data foundation that consistently and accurately captures the information needed to support sales strategy & execution by determining data inaccuracies and the most effective follow up approach with team members
- Reporting: Build and maintain reports in Salesforce to support the strategic and day-to-day work of the enterprise sales team
- Sales data expert: Know all sales data available (including its nuances), how to retrieve it, and which data to use to answer questions
- Act as point of contact for team members outside of enterprise sales (finance, engagement, external affairs, marketing) for basic sales data and share information accordingly (e.g., current activity about an account, questions about account ownership (“who owns what”))
- Conduct sales data analyses (using data from Salesforce and other sources)
- Build processes & documentation to help other team members understand, accurately document, and use our sales data
- Manage and support consistent use of sales enablement technology
- Oversee & coordinate delivery of onboarding program for new sales reps and ongoing team-wide training
- Lead the building and maintenance of sales training materials
- Create and/or maintain (gather, organize, update) key sales collateral, including pitch decks, case studies, and responses to common client questions
- Support the Europe-based sales team in the day-to-day rhythms of the team - all hands meetings, sales data measurement, and offsite + training planning
- Support the Head of Sales Strategy & Operations in planning and executing critical team and cross-functional initiatives
Skills & Qualifications:
Our ideal candidate loves being the mastermind of data and processes, driving insights through analysis and keep the team on track in a continuously evolving, growing business. The Sales Operations Analyst is the team expert on data, Salesforce, and execution and leads the work helping the sales team stay focused on the highest-value activities. Ideal skills include:
- Keen project management skills. The Sales Operations Analyst will lead the work ensuring that the Sales Strategy & Operations team on track against the many initiatives it is launching as well as ensuring ongoing requirements (e.g., data cleanliness) are completed, so the analyst will have strong project management skills including the ability to create and manage project plans, attention to detail, and the ability to make connections between stakeholders and motivate them to deliver activities on time.
- Ability to logically gather - and analyze - large amounts of data. Building out - and using - our data is a big focus of the team. The Sales Operations Analyst should be fluent with data cleaning techniques and advanced analysis skills to be able to extract insights from this data.
- Stakeholder engagement sense. GA works in an agile fashion, continuously evolving processes across teams to increase our effectiveness. The ability to coordinate with other teams and ensure all relevant stakeholders have buy in on the team’s initiatives is critical. The Sales Operations Analyst will have the ability to quickly understand the stakeholder landscape in an organization, identify relevant stakeholders for a work stream, and proactively engage them to ensure projects are successful.
- Strong written communication, particularly the ability to create well-structured and visual powerpoint presentations for both internal leadership and external client audiences.
Nice to have:
- Strong fluency with Salesforce. The Sales Operations Analyst will be a “power user” of Salesforce within the enterprise sales team, so an ideal candidates will bring a wealth of knowledge around best practices for using Salesforce in B2B sales as well as the ability to easily build and manage a suite of Salesforce reporting.
- Sales or sales operations experience
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Process Management
- Organizational Agility
- Written Communications
This role starts April 1, 2020