Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
This part-time role will report directly to the Marketing Producer on the Global Marketing team at GA’s NYC headquarters. The global marketing team is responsible for increasing GA’s market share amongst our target audience, and this role will play a key part in broadening our potential student base. It’s a very fulfilling role, where you’ll be interacting with prospective students on a daily basis and helping them along the path of learning a new skill or switching careers.
The main responsibility of this role is to work on GA’s Intro Class Livestream strategy. We currently host daily livestreams in each main topic that we teach (i.e. Intro to UX Design Livestream) in order to bring new people to our marketing funnel, engage existing users, and solidify potential students’ interests in taking a long-form course at GA.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the GA Global Marketing team as we are scaling a new, successful marketing tactic. Success in the role is proven based on the success of your marketing tactics and we’re looking for someone who wants to grow with GA.
- Run daily intro class livestreams via Zoom Webinar and ensure instructors log in on time, answer any GA-related questions in the chat for prospective students, and generally ensure the livestream runs smoothly.
- Facilitate all email communication with livestream participants in order to provide the best experience for our livestream students.
- Test out new ways to monetize the intro class livestream strategy and make the strategy more efficient for everyone involved.
- Work with livestream instructors to ensure they have all relevant class materials and they understand the best practices of teaching intro livestreams at GA in order to provide the best experience for our students.
- Work with local marketing teams in cities all over the US and London on follow up communication with livestream sign ups.
- Optimize current placement of livestream links and a variety of whitepapers, throughout the GA website and beyond, for maximum visibility, downloads, sign ups, and revenue impact to the business.
- Assist GA’s Marketing Producer with duties related to GA’s global paid marketing strategy. Included but not limited to:
- Work with paid search and paid social agencies to help answer any relevant client questions
- Help manage global events calendar for paid Facebook promotion
- Update and monitor paid marketing reporting and performance dashboards
- Monitor social comments on paid Facebook campaigns and help answer any relevant student questions
- At least 1 year of experience in a marketing, sales, customer service, or other relevant role
- Interest in marketing; in particular, digital marketing, social media marketing, and/or content marketing
- Experience with social media platforms (personal or professional) and an understanding of how they work in relation to brands communicating with their audience
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Friendly, positive attitude and professional demeanor
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with strong ability to write customer-focused emails in a clear, consistent, on-brand voice
- Experience with Excel (in particular, you know your way around a pivot table)
- Proven track record of working independently and within deadlines
- Location: NYC or Tri-State area is highly preferred
- Experience with Zoom or other video collaboration platforms
- Basic understanding of analytics software i.e. Looker and Google Analytics or eagerness to learn