Who are we?
Our vision is of a global community of individuals empowered to pursue the work they love. Our mission is to grow that community by transforming millions of thinkers into creators.
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in software development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
The Engineering Manager, CRM is well-versed in using Salesforce and other CRM tools to solve critical business problems. It’s the job of this Engineering Manager to leverage technology to ensure we have a clear single source of truth for our customers and their journey.
The CRM team at GA is made up of an Engineering Manager (you), a Senior Product Manager, a Project Manager, a Senior Salesforce Engineer, a Salesforce Engineer, and a Salesforce Administrator. You will report directly to the Director of Software Engineering. Our current stack for CRM consists of two Salesforce instances, New Voice Media, Yesware, Chatbox and Pardot.
This team has significant latitude to solve problems and build scalable solutions. Technology leaders at GA are all able to be hands-on when needed and as such this position requires someone who is both a leader as well as an individual contributor with excellent Salesforce knowledge. Additionally, candidates should have a wealth of experience implementing data-driven business solutions that you can draw from, be highly organized and thorough, be capable of tailoring communication to all levels of the organization from C-suite to engineers, and comfortable leading high-impact, high-visibility projects. Strong candidates will have experience adapting to the evolving needs of a high-growth B2C and B2B business and creating pragmatic and innovative solutions to complex business problems.
Our expectations for the role and your responsibilities are…
- Deep Salesforce knowledge and experience. Domain expert for the functionality of all CRM applications and vendors. Speak crisply to the current and planned functionality of all applications. Proven experience leveraging Salesforce to solve critical business problems.
- Proven experience leading a small team of engineers to focus on the highest value and impact items.
- Communicating and evangelizing the group vision and mission in alignment with the company. Help build and execute an agreed roadmap. Help develop business cases for initiatives to make major prioritization decisions.
- Provide technical strategy and thought leadership and insight into emerging trends in CRM. Help stakeholders realize opportunities for growth.
- Help set and monitor our CRM strategy and drive to deliver multiple projects across different parts of the business.
- Accountable for the uptime of all software in your realm of ownership. Support an on-call process assuring high priority production issues are handled quickly and efficiently 24x7.
- Work with Technology Directors on budgetary asks and needs, including financial responsibility, tracking, contract negotiation, and staffing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully partner with cross-functional teams and business stakeholders to help drive your roadmap.
- Be a mentor and coach, fostering ownership, guiding personal growth, and constantly striving to raise the bar on delivery performance and quality, with a transparent plan in place for each member of your team that outlines their desired next step in their career and the steps required to get them there.
- Remote / flexible working hours
- Highly Competitive Salary
- Generous parental leave
- Annual Education Allowance
- Gym Allowance
- Apple MacBook Pro + External Monitor
Who can apply?
- The USA in any of these states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, IL, KS, KY, MA, MD, MI, MN, NY, NC, NH, OR, RI, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WV, and/or WI
- Strategic Agility
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Motivating Others
- Building Effective Teams
- Managing Through Systems
- Drive for Results
- Customer Focus