Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
We're looking for a Chief of Staff for our co-Chief Operating Officers. You will help our co-COOs lead the company effectively, focusing on the highest business priorities. The right person for this role possesses exceptional EQ, is highly results-oriented, thinks strategically, build close relationships, and is a strong communicator and leader. As the right hand to the co-COOs, your ability to proactively identify opportunities will be a critical driver in GA’s ongoing success.
- Work closely with the co-COOs to develop, deploy and operate the core set of metrics used to guide the business and achieve strategic goals.
- Take a hands-on approach to drafting correspondence from the co-COOs and executing top priorities.
- Play a central role in the company’s executive leadership cadence, including setting meeting agendas and driving follow up actions.
- Provide decision support through research, analysis of data/information, and providing clear presentations of your takeaways and recommendations.
- Conduct meeting preparation and research for internal and external meetings, and ensure that all meetings have a defined agenda and objectives.
- Prepare compelling presentations for internal and external audiences.
- Identify, incubate and lead cross-functional opportunities that don't have a clear home within the organization.
- Be a master of execution and project management, holding the team accountable and ensuring that deadlines are met across high-priority, cross-functional projects.
- Attend critical meetings with our COOs, reporting back key information to the appropriate parties and owning all meeting follow-ups and action items.
- Proactively be one step ahead and consistently spot opportunities to add value or take things off of the COO's plate and onto your own.
- Work closely with the COO's EA to manage prioritization of schedules and meetings.
- Conduct daily briefings, set schedules and agendas of core meetings.
Who You Are:
- You have strong business and financial acumen
- You are able to build trust with leadership, as well as with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- You are a presentations expert (PowerPoint/G-Suite).
- You are an impeccable communicator in any medium: in emails and Slack, in person during one-on-ones, presenting in front of large audiences; you have the ability to distill and convey complex information in a compelling manner.
- You possess detail-oriented organizational and process management skills that allow you to manage a wide range of incoming requests and responsibilities.
- You are proactive, resourceful, and instinctive, with a natural ability to solve problems and seek new information.
- You thrive in an incredibly fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous work environment with action-orientation and drive.
- You possess extreme attention to detail, a sense of urgency, reliability, and commitment to mastering your work.
- You demonstrate strong judgment in your decision making and have exceptional time management and prioritization skills; you're able to see the "big picture" and the details.
- You maintain professional discretion with sensitive and highly confidential information at all times.
- This role is based in NYC at GA Headquarters
- Business insight/acumen
- Manages complexity/ambiguity
- Action oriented
- Interpersonal savvy
- Communicates effectively
- Drives results
- Plans & aligns