Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 50,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
We have 20 campuses globally including: London, New York City, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, Washington D.C.and Sydney. We also partner with Fortune 500 companies to drive innovation through training in digital capacity, leadership and more effective approaches to collaboration.
We are looking for a well-rounded individual, who leads by example and can take ownership of the admin and resources prep for our career coaching team. Our community is at the heart of what we do at GA and we need someone bright, kind, and highly organised to join our team on campus in London.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is happy to work as a contractor. This contract will be 20 hours per week and may suit someone who is already working freelance or part-time in a digital role.
- Wants to work in digital education, training and professional development. Ideally you have 1-2 years’ experience within digital recruitment, administration or copywriting.
- Is open to and enjoys administrative responsibilities (student trackers etc), and operations-related work, (planning, scheduling, reviewing).
- Has a great eye for detail. Maybe you studied English at university or perhaps you just love a good book. You can spot a typo from 100 paces and take pride in having excellent written communication skills.
- Values empathy and is highly compassionate. You’ll be providing support for adult students that are working hard to achieve their career goals. You’ll have the patience, kindness and good humour to ensure they feel supported every step of the way.
- Is able to confidently give constructive, written and verbal feedback to people of diverse professional and life backgrounds.
- Maintains a positive and solutions-focused attitude, remains calm and friendly under pressure.
- Can navigate an ever-changing, fast paced startup environment.
- You're interested in (and familiar with) the London tech and startup community.
- You attend meetup events regularly and love meeting new people.
- You know & love GA and have attended GA events, workshops or courses in the past.