Who We Are
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 alumni — and counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
What We’re Looking For:
We’re looking for a product marketing manager to help shape the product and go-to-market strategies for General Assembly’s enterprise business. You’ll join a small but mighty product marketing team that’s tasked with deeply understanding our users, generating customer insights to inform product strategy, leading launch marketing for new education products, and telling our story to prospective clients through our website and other marketing channels. Product marketing is a highly cross-functional role at GA that partners closely with Product, Sales, Content, Marketing Technology, User Experience, Platform and Regulatory. You’ll focus on developing the positioning, messaging, and overall communication roadmap for GA’s enterprise products, but will flex across the entire product lifecycle from helping to shape product development, to planning successful launches, to growing adoption across new users and clients.
The ideal candidate is someone with the ability to clearly articulate the value and benefits of complex products in easily understood, compelling language, as well as develop innovative marketing programs that drive demand. This is a fast-paced role, so the candidate should be able to balance crafting a crisp message while moving quickly to achieve results.
- Develop positioning and messaging for new and existing products by understanding competitive drivers, researching market trends, and aggregating the needs of GA’s clients.
- Defining go-to-market messaging, gathering customer insights, maintaining buyer personas, and delivering ongoing product education to prospects, customers, and our internal team.
- Managing product launches, briefing content and design teams, and ensuring the value proposition is represented consistently across sales and marketing collateral.
- Ensure sales and marketing teams have the information and collateral needed to drive growth through their channels, by developing sales tools and content like case studies, FAQs, one-pagers, and sales presentations.
- Develop relationships with customers in order to document customer success stories, evangelize new products and receive direct feedback on positioning, features and perceived value.
- Tell our story through the development of creative assets and marketing collateral including white papers, videos, blogs, and webinars, in partnership with content production teams.
- 3+ years in B2B marketing, preferably in technology or education
- A skilled listener and communicator, both verbal and written, who can engage clients and colleagues with confidence
- Strong customer focus and experience using customer insights and market research to inform marketing strategies
- Ability to influence across highly cross-functional teams, manage senior stakeholders, and represent the voice of the customer in various forums
- A drive for results and excellent judgement combined with honed product sense
- A balance of analytical thinking, creative abilities, and problem solving skills
- A great teammate — someone who can collaborate, ingest good ideas from wherever they originate, and quickly build trust and mutual respect
- Project management skills, a data-driven and detail-oriented approach
- Ability to think strategically as well as roll up your sleeves to manage execution
- A passion for GA’s mission, and the ability to serve as a vocal brand evangelist