Who we are
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
***This is a remote role.
You’ll work closely with the lead instructor (and possibly another IA ) to facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community. You will provide feedback to the students outside of the classroom through grading homework and office hours.
Skills & Qualifications:
- You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and trajectories of your contemporaries looking to break into and upskill in tech, product or design.
- You are the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are looking for guidance.
- You have at least 3+ year-experience working in the industry of the course for which you are applying to IA, or have recently finished the course in question.
- You’re organized, punctual and collaborative. You add value in any team you’re a part of - you can both comfortably lead and support our class leaders
- You have a deep understanding of the topics covered in the course.
- Need to have: High speed internet, good video camera (with appropriate background), and dual monitors.
- Nice to have: Prior experience as a TA, IA, tutor or mentor; experience with video platforms.
- Highly desirable: you have previous teaching or mentoring experience through a course, team training, etc.
Roles & Responsibilities include:
- Stay up to date with the class work. This involves being prepared with knowledge of the homework and which topics are currently relevant.
- Work closely with the instructor team to provide students with meaningful and prompt feedback on their progress and projects.
- Grade student homework each week (or each day if 1-week Accelerated course) - timely feedback is critical for student success in the course. You will work with your instructional team to determine a concrete timeline to provide students feedback.
- Provide timely support via Slack outside of classroom hours