Who are we?
Our vision is of a global community of individuals empowered to pursue the work they love. Our mission is to grow that community by transforming millions of thinkers into creators.
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
GA has a remote-friendly culture with offices around the world. If you prefer the office, our headquarters are located in New York City. Twice a year, the entire Product team gets together in New York for a week of team building, workshops, lightning talks, urban adventures, and an epic hackathon.
We’re looking for a passionate Software Engineer with 2+ years of experience in the Salesforce platform. Our expectations for the role and your responsibilities include managing tooling, maintaining access for our Admissions teams and optimizing internal processes. An in-depth understanding of Salesforce integrations, triggers and scheduled/batch jobs is preferred.
- At least 2-5 years of proven experience as a SalesForce engineer.
- Works mostly on clearly defined and scoped individual features or problems. Able to debug typical problems without assistance; more difficult problems requiring guidance.
- Should be able to help associates and peers in an informal mentor role.
- Provide material feedback, find common ground and solve problems for the good of all with guidance and is seen as a team player who can gain the trust and support of others in the team.
- Capable of directing junior staff on a project.
- Object-oriented programming is well understood, more advanced concepts may only have fundamental knowledge.
- Follows established patterns and approaches within existing code bases.
- Follows professional team and organizational standards. Helps maintain professional standards for the team.
- Writes code with good test coverage; may not know the best way to approach testing in all scenarios.
- Able to competently work within the organizations local-development strategy; may provide basic support for associates.
- Basic knowledge of system-level tooling. Capable of more advanced development tool workflows for local debugging.
- Fundamental knowledge of source control expected. Expected to know some advanced features. Expected to practice a least one form of source control flows (e.g. gitflow).
- Understands fundamental concepts of systems development life cycle (SDLC), and monitors adherence to all practical aspects.
- Expected to understand and assist in the development of their team's Vision and Mission.
- Responsible for maintaining professional standards for your team.
- Self-directs work and provide guidance to associates on tasks related to existing projects.
- Provides front-line assistance for maintaining 24/7 service uptime for the organization.
- Proactive in working to define, and update, your career path with management.
- Assist in the onboarding and offboarding of engineers using existing processes and methods.
- You assist in ensuring all hires meet and exceed the GA talent bar.
- You participate in the hiring and interview process for your team.
- Is responsible for understanding which operations affect the scope of the budget.