Who We Are
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
We are seeking a University Partnerships Manager to lead critical Product delivery workstreams across our University Partnerships team.
You are responsible for the management and overall operations of projects of various complexity, size and duration, helping to ensure the organization is poised to meet the objectives and goals of each University Partnership on time and on budget.
An enthusiastic problem solver who thrives on being engaged at all levels of delivery, you act as the key point of contact for both senior leadership and accountable department resources.
Skills & Qualifications:
- You have 3-5 years hands-on project management experience.
- You can confidently collaborate with in-house General Assembly engineers, product managers, marketing and sales professionals, business affairs functions, and senior leadership.
- You leverage technical acumen and emotional intelligence to translate business needs and delivery capabilities across engineering and business stakeholder teams.
- You have experience and confidence in managing contracting processes, writing contracts, and managing contracted consultants.
- You bring a track record of meeting deadlines consistently with multiple assignments occurring simultaneously and documenting progress.
- Facilitating decision-making, issue resolution and consensus among team members and dependent teams is a specialty of yours.
- You know how to balance personal ownership and accountability of immediate responsibilities with the flexibility and drive to jump in and fill gaps across the team as they arise.
- You create a motivational, transparent, collaborative, fun, and trustful environment where teams can work efficiently and deliver high-quality products quickly.
- People characterize you as a natural leader who easily commands the respect of the team and builds trusted relationships at all levels.
- You bring acute attention to detail, ensuring accuracy and quality in all deliverables
- You have strong oral and written communication skills, ability to analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and support prioritization exercises
- You bring exceptional organizational skills and strong familiarity with management tools (ex: Jira)
It’s an added bonus if you have:
- Partnered closely with Sales teams to delivery high quality client engagements
- Atlassian administration experience (Confluence, Jira)
- Experience managing content strategy or education-focused projects
- Lead an education product and / or enterprise software rollout in an Agile environment
- Customer Focus
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Drives for Results
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Learning on the Fly