Who We Are
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
As the Marketing Manager you will own the marketing plan for General Assembly in the New York market. You'll create and execute on a data-driven strategy to efficiently grow General Assembly’s market share and awareness. Utilizing our beautiful flagship campus in Flatiron, you'll capture and create value through high-impact events and workshops, developing meaningful partnerships with noteworthy companies, organizations, and speakers across New York City’s tech, design, and startup ecosystem. You will be responsible for building and maintaining a highly engaged community of learners with the goal of enabling individuals to pursue work that they love.
You'll collaborate closely with many people in the organization to accomplish your goals (Campus Leadership, Admissions, Operations, Instruction, etc.) and should be adept at working in a team and managing through influence. You will report directly to New York’s Senior Regional Director and have a team of 3 direct reports.
- Partnerships and Business Development:
- Build target lists of companies, organizations, and speakers that align with General Assembly’s mission and needs.
- Conduct outreach and vet organic partner leads through phone calls and face-to-face meetings.
- Develop innovative partnership models that further a partner’s interests while building the GA community.
- Foster and grow the scope and scale of partner relationships over time.
- Events and Creativity:
- Identify key external events (meetups, etc.) in the community, at times attending on behalf of GA.
- With your team, create and host valuable events, showcasing related content to drive more students, employers, and businesses to campus.
- Work with in-the-field professionals to create and launch short-form workshops that teach today’s most in-demand career skills.
- Drive loyalty among attendees and educate them on further learning opportunities within GA.
- Planning, Metrics and Data-Driven Decision Making:
- Analyze marketing funnel data to make thoughtful decisions around areas of opportunity, tracking efforts through dashboards and reporting.
- Work with other campuses to benchmark performance and set aggressive, but realistic growth goals.
- People Management
- Directly manage a staff that tackles the logistics of local event and workshop production.
- Develop and grow talent, potentially building out a team to meet market growth needs.
- You have 4-5 years of prior marketing experience, with exposure to - and a solid understanding of - a range of marketing channels, such as: events, guerilla tactics,, partnerships, email, paid, social, and content.
- You are entrepreneurial, independent, and self-directed, with the ability to set your own goals and priorities with minimal guidance. You are comfortable with ambiguity and last-minute changes, and remain calm under pressure.
- You bring a proven ability to confidently and effectively provide both constructive and positive feedback to individuals of diverse professional and personal backgrounds.
- You possess a “growth mindset.”
- When it comes to workflow, you take pride in your organizational skills. You can coordinate multiple projects at once and work with all necessary parties externally and internally to get the job done. You have the ability to multitask, prioritize, problem-solve, and, most importantly, follow through.
- You have past management experience and know how to motivate and empower your team to hit their goals.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You bring a contagious positivity and enthusiasm to the teams you join, have a passion for education, and want to help change lives.
- Customer Focus
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Drive for Results
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Learning on the Fly
- Presentation Skills