Who We Are:
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 60,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our upskilling and reskilling initiatives. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
General Assembly’s Enterprise (B2B) business is growing rapidly and needs a data minded individual to derive insights from data to inform the strategy of our business. The Business Operations Associate will be responsible for ensuring the integrity of our data (from Salesforce), and uses that data to gain insights about where we are thriving, where we can improve and what we haven’t thought of yet. Your attention to detail and ability to tell a story through data will be used to develop tools and reporting to enable effective strategic planning. This role will report to the Business Operations Manager and will work closely with the Senior Director of Client Engagement and Operations.
This role will maintain and improve key pieces of the Business Operations function, including:
Strategic Workforce Planning
- Leverage company data to help track and manage our teams needs
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies on our teams to create more operating leverage for the business and assist in hitting our financial goals
- Be the trusted resource on our staffing model to the Enterprise team
Business Unit Reporting
- Act as the point person on the Enterprise team to gather data in advance of our Quarterly Business Reviews. Your insights will be leveraged by our Enterprise leadership to outline a clear strategy for our business.
- Work closely with the Finance team to track the financial state of the business
- Act as point of contact for team members outside of the enterprise group (finance, product, external affairs, marketing) for asks regarding data insights from the Enterprise business (e.g., identifying and reporting trends you see in certain products we are selling and delivering)
- Identify, prioritize and solve ongoing business problems for a rapidly growing company
- Gather and analyze information to generate actionable insights to unlock growth
- Work with business units to develop strategies and execute on plans to drive long term profitability
- Assist in ad-hoc strategic projects to help grow and expand our B2B business
Monitor Financial Performance:
- Define, monitor and optimize KPIs and success metrics for the enterprise business
Skills & Qualifications:
Our ideal candidate loves being the mastermind of data and processes, driving insights through analysis and keep the team on track in a continuously evolving, growing business. The Business Operations Associate is the team expert on data and will help the Enterprise team stay focused on the highest-value activities. Ideal skills include:
- Strong data Skills - You have the ability to logically gather - and analyze - large amounts of data. Building out and using our data is a big focus of the team. You should be fluent with data cleaning techniques and advanced analysis skills to be able to extract insights from this data.
- Keen project management skills - The ability to coordinate with other teams and ensure all relevant stakeholders have buy in on the team’s initiatives. GA works in an agile fashion, continuously evolving processes across teams to increase our effectiveness. The Business Operations Associate will have the ability to quickly understand the stakeholder landscape in an organization, identify relevant stakeholders for a workstream, and proactively engage them to ensure projects are successful.
- Strong written communication - particularly the ability to create well-structured and visual powerpoint presentations for both internal leadership and external client audiences.
- Dealing with Ambiguity - You have the ability to build something from the ground up and are able to thrive in ambiguous or uncertain environments
- 2+ years of relevant experience
Nice to have:
- Experience with Tableau - Given the amount of data we have to leverage to make decisions, having the ability to use a data visualization tool, such as Tableau, will go a long way in helping drive insights and actions by our teams
- Fluency with Salesforce - With the build out of certain new features of our business reporting, the Business Operations Associate will be working with Salesforce data to manage a suite of Salesforce reporting to generate insights into the performance of our business
- Action Oriented
- Manages Ambiguity
- Business Insight
- Plans & Aligns
- Strategic Mindset
- Optimizes work processes