Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
What We're Looking For:
We are looking for an innovative, creative, results driven marketing manager to lead the planning, production and execution of General Assembly’s B2B-focused thought leadership. The focus of this thought leadership is on delivering new prospects for our sales team to engage, and this marketer will have the flexibility to use tactics from events to content marketing in order to drive these results.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, execute, evaluate and refine the global event marketing strategy (GA hosted + sponsored events) in collaboration with the Director of Marketing, ensuring consistency with the marketing plan and business strategy of the company.
- Identify new event opportunities; define a process for assessing the business value of new events, presenting the recommendations to key stakeholders.
- Work closely with the enterprise team, communications team, email marketing team, content team and product team to plan events and content, set objectives and execute all initiatives in alignment with overall company strategy and positioning.
- Manage and enhance participation in key conferences, speaking engagements and sponsored events
- Ideate and draft thought leadership content to
- Refine best practices follow-up strategy to maximize qualified conversations
- Oversee the B2B calendar of events and content (thought leadership) and ensure long-term planning.
- Work with external and internal communications staff to ensure Thought Leadership receives optimal exposure and coverage
- Oversee individual thought leadership budgets, including measurement and reporting
- Manage partner selection including negotiating rates to obtain best cost and service
- Track all leads and other qualitative and quantitative results and provide reporting as needed and work with the demand generation team to prove ROI
- Build and maintain useful relationships with key industry associations
- Help ensure the B2B database is kept current with customer contacts derived thought leadership
- 3-5+ years experience running B2B events in a client services or professional services oriented business
- Experience leading and managing programs, vendors, and internal resources
- Experience managing event budget
- Experience with writing thought leadership content
- Self-starter with ability to build programs from scratch: Must have a positive attitude and willingness to roll-up your sleeves and get things done
- Passionate about driving value and community thought leadership
- Drive for Results
- Innovation Management
- Written Communication
- Customer Focus