Who are we?
Our vision is of a global community of individuals empowered to pursue the work they love. Our mission is to grow that community by transforming millions of thinkers into creators.
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
The Business Intelligence Manager deeply understands the needs of the organization and is well-versed in leveraging data infrastructure, analysts, and engineers to solve critical business problems. It’s the job of the BI Manager to bring insight to the organization.
One of GA’s seven work values is the mantra, “Always bring data to the conversation,” which reflects the important role that data plays in every decision. The Business Intelligence team is not only responsible for making sure that GA’s data infrastructure is user-friendly and accessible to employees across the organization, but also works closely with GA’s leadership team, providing them with data-driven insights that drive greater business performance.
The Business Intelligence team at GA is a small team with significant latitude to solve problems and build scalable solutions. For that reason, this position requires someone who is both a data leader as well as an individual contributor with excellent analytical skills. Additionally, candidates should have a wealth of experience implementing data-driven business solutions to draw from, be highly organized and thorough, be capable of tailoring communication to all levels of the organization from C-suite to engineers, and comfortable leading high-impact, high-visibility projects. Strong candidates will have experience adapting to the evolving needs of a high-growth B2C and B2B business and creating pragmatic and innovative solutions to complex business problems.
Our expectations for the role and your responsibilities are…
- 5+ years of data analyst experience and proven success in managing data teams.
- Confident with end to end data workflows: analysis, reporting, and presenting results in a compelling way.
- Strong proficiency in SQL (Redshift / PostgreSQL preferred), both for ad-hoc analysis and data modeling for analytical reporting.
- Able to demonstrate proficiency with Looker.
- Comfortable presenting and engaging with cross-functional teams and leadership.
- Strong organization skills and ability to prioritize competing initiatives.
- Brings a vision for the development of a BI roadmap and the ability to coordinate with teams and stakeholders to execute that vision.
- Excellent communication skills to both technical and non-technical audiences, including C-level executives.
- Expected to act as a coach or mentor and provide guidance to the team. You maintain 1-1 meetings with your staff and have clearly defined development commitments for all.
- Partner closely with leadership to develop actionable, measurable projects and programs that accelerate organizational growth, efficiency, and provide data-driven solutions that scale.
- Lead a team of analysts and coordinate projects across multiple stakeholders for the Business Intelligence team, appropriately prioritizing amongst competing initiatives.
- Build a strong internal network of experts and resources that can help drive effective change.
- Responsible for defining, communicating and evangelizing the group Vision and Mission in alignment with the company's Vision and Mission.
- Be a mentor and coach, fostering ownership, guiding personal growth, and constantly striving to raise the bar on delivery performance and quality.
- Highly Competitive Salary
- Generous parental leave
- Annual Education Allowance
- Gym Allowance
- Apple MacBook Pro + External Monitor
Who can apply?
You are living in or willing to self-relocate to...
- New York City