Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
General Assembly is partnering with the MiSK Foundation to train the next generation of tech leaders in Saudi Arabia. Together, GA and MiSK are launching data, web development, UX, and other tech courses at the MiSK Academy. By 2020, this will be one of the largest tech student communities in the Kingdom, with partnerships across most major Saudi and international companies.
Why Teach the User Experience Design Immersive?
If you are looking to make a life-changing impact by doing what you know and love, this is the position for you. Through this unparalleled opportunity, you will:
- Deepen your own design skills by guiding students through a rigorous journey where they begin as driven novices and leave as empowered designers
- Facilitate a supportive and energetic community that lasts well beyond the course
- Challenge students to think strategically as they turn their ideas into real user experience solutions
- Hone your own leadership skills by working with an instructional team and classroom community
- Join a global community of best-in-class practitioners teaching with General Assembly and have access to a variety of opportunities to contribute as a subject matter expert in your field
Skills and Qualifications
- You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and trajectories of the newest generation of user experience designers.
- You are the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are looking for guidance.
- You have 2-5+ years of experience working in user experience design.
- You have fluency in some or all of the following topics: the UX Process, User Research and Personas, Usability Testing, UX Analysis, Information Architecture, Interface Design, Wireframing, Prototyping, Analytics and Optimization, Mobile UX, and/or HTML/CSS.
- You have previous user experience design teaching experience, through a course, team training, etc.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Teach Monday-Friday, all day, for the 12 week duration of the program
- Instructors will need to commit a few hours per week preparing lessons and materials, leveraging existing GA curriculum content.
- Work closely with co-instructors or teaching assistants to provide students with meaningful and prompt feedback on their progress.
- Work alongside GA staff and teaching team to best meet the needs and learning styles of your students.
- Guide students through development of a stellar final project that will showcase their abilities to hiring managers.
- Facilitate a dynamic, collaborative, and positive classroom community.
- Inspire students to persevere through the challenges of learning a new skill set