WHO ARE WE?
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
As a Learning Experience Architect, you bring the program vision to life by contextualizing and delivering data programs for GA’s high-value clients. While you may not consider yourself a data expert, are you conversant enough in data tools to be able to speak credibly to the topic? Our ideal candidate can work with clients to determine their needs and then decide which technologies would be most relevant to cover.
Your projects will largely involve tailoring GA’s existing data analysis and data science programs to meet the specific needs of GA’s B2B clients. On an average day, activities typically involve:
- Facilitate “deep dive” interview calls with client stakeholders on key goals and challenges to inform and refine program design.
- Using initial scoping requirements, create engaging and outcomes-driven learning experiences by leveraging innovative instructional design methods.
- Partner with subject matter experts to design new content and contextualize existing content across digital fields to a given client’s context and industry.
- Meet with client to walk through rationale of program design, share updates to curriculum, and synthesize client feedback.
Our ideal candidate comes with experience in the worlds of data analysis, instructional design, and consulting.
- 2 years of experience as an analyst or data analytics professional
- Experience and growing interest in using Python for data analysis (Pandas, Numpy, Scipy)
- Is familiar with the data analysis process and tools used ie, Excel, SQL, Data Visualization/Business Intelligence Software (Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI,etc)
- 2 years of experience in instructional design or training, preferably with in-person (face to face) learning experiences
Nice to have
- Experience in a client facing context
- Proficiency in Python for data analysis and machine learning (scikit-learn familiarity)
- Knowledge of R
- Knowledge of Tableau, Qlik, or NoSQL (e.g., Mongo DB) and graph databases
- Knowledge of databases, database administration, or data engineering
- Working experience in data science
- Customer Focused
- Learning on the Fly
- Action Oriented
- Decision Quality and Problem Solving
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Presentation Skills