Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
This role will be responsible for managing all Operations and Student Experience team members at General Assembly’s New York Campus, with a focus on hiring, training, supporting professional growth, and guiding the strategic direction of our local student community.
- Hiring, staffing, training, and management for all campus experience roles
- Builds and manages the Student Experience strategy and acts as the SE representative on cross-functional teams
- Streamlines and iterates upon current student onboarding (welcome email, prework, course trackers, Slack, Github, etc), partnering with global team members on finding workflow efficiencies
- Manages pre-work completion, sending student reminders, and sharing results with Instructor Management team
- Manages student feedback data through exit tickets and mid course surveys. Shares themes with Regional Instructor Manager.
- Keeps all course and event scheduling systems up to date and ensures the right teams have access to systems.
- Coordinates with admissions team members to ensure accurate student enrollment statuses are reflected in CORE leading up to course launch.
- Manages the student community and implementation of student engagement activities
- Build and maintain student resource groups
- Coordinate a consistent flow of events that serves to build student camaraderie
- Structure student experience budget to maximize surprise and delight efforts, student engagement in the community, and student happiness
- Manage the Campus Budget and ensure that supplies ordering, hiring and staffing are within budget
- Vendor relationship management
- Actively monitoring campus for repairs and general upkeep of campus
- Managing space utilization and classroom schedule for all relevant parties (courses, immersives, CWE)
- Take a proactive role in tracking and monitoring GA's social reputation (Quora, Yelp, CourseReport, etc) and looping in any relevant parties to respond to reviews in a timely manner
- Handling customer service issues; he/she will be responsible for mediating conflict and defusing challenging situations in a positive, empathetic and professional manner
- Ability to think strategically and bring data to big decisions
- Strong foundation in setting priorities for self and others in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in hiring and building high-performing teams with strong culture
- Previous experience in successfully managing both part-time and full-time team members