Who We Are
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 alumni — and counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
General Assembly is partnering with the MiSK Foundation to train the next generation of tech leaders in Saudi Arabia. Together, GA and MiSK are launching data, web development, UX, and other tech courses at the MiSK Academy. By 2020, this will be one of the largest tech expert and student communities in the Kingdom, with partnerships across most major Saudi and international companies.
SEEKING INSTRUCTOR MANAGER
We are currently seeking candidates for the role of Instructor Manager of our Saudi Arabia Instructor Community. The position will be responsible for driving successful instruction for all subject matter experts in our network, from recruitment to in-classroom development to community management.
This individual will partner across teams to identify engaging and knowledgeable digital experts to teach and help build our training experiences (delivered both online and in-person) in Saudi Arabia. This individual will refine our compensation model, create incentives and rewards for performance and referrals, as well as work with the Legal and Finance teams to ensure a smooth contracting and payment process. This individual will partner with Global Program Resources to deliver a consistent onboarding and coaching experience. In addition, the Instructor Manager will also create opportunities for our experts to develop their facilitation skills and to build meaningful relationships with one another and the broader General Assembly community.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who loves meeting new people -- you feel completely at ease when walking into a room and introducing yourself to strangers. A passion for education and for creating a positive educational experience is a bonus. The ideal candidate is also excited to be operating in a fast-paced environment and wants to play an integral role on a rapidly growing team.
- Source educators, push them through a recruiting process from screening to demo, and track profiles in a system
- Forecast demand for educators (with an eye toward new geographies and topics) based on the product roadmap, the sales pipeline, and marketing initiatives.
- Stay up to date on relevant skills and competencies for digital organizations to identify the right educator profiles
- Onboard new educators to GA Enterprise’s educational approach and ensure that they deliver on expectations across curriculum development and delivery
- Manage a system for providing educators with timely and actionable feedback
- Refine our compensation model, including creating incentives and rewards for performance referrals
- Partner with Legal and Finance to ensure a smooth contracting and payment process and to set clear policies and procedures related to travel, expense reimbursements, etc.
- Partner with Global Program Resources to ensure a consistent onboarding and coaching experience.
- Create and manage the educator community, providing opportunities for development and connection with one another and the broader GA community.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
We're looking for someone with experience in recruitment and/or community management, with a strong work ethic, can-do attitude, and a passion for fast-paced and dynamic environments. Background or interest in education or technology is a plus, but it isn’t a must.
In fact, it’s more important to us that you identify with our culture and ethos:
- You are a strong communicator and problem solver.
- You have the ability to work across multiple teams, and communicate in a compelling way, both with internal stakeholders and with our network of entrepreneurs.
- You are highly organized and detail oriented.
- When it comes to workflow, you take pride in your organizational skills. You feel comfortable working with cross-functional partner staff as well as internal personnel – including education experts, technologists, and designers. The more complexity that is thrown your way, the more excited you become as you work to smooth it out.
- You are collaborative but self-directed.
- You enjoy brainstorming with others, but are independent and resourceful, requiring minimal guidance. You are not possessive of ideas or thin-skinned when it comes to critique. At the same time, you know how to deliver constructive feedback to others, and possess a strong point of view.
- You are an entrepreneur at heart.
- You prefer the opportunity that comes from being part of a small team to the predictability that comes with larger organizations. You are not afraid of getting your hands dirty, diving into the weeds to understand your business to its core – yet you maintain the vision that keeps your team inspired. You believe that “done is better than perfect”.
- You’re up for a bit of globetrotting because you get that experiencing the product is a core part of helping to deliver exceptional products.