Who We Are
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 alumni — and counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
As the Classes & Workshops Producer, you will own the local Classes & Workshops programming and some aspects of Marketing for General Assembly's Singapore business.
You'll create a plan that allows us to grow the business efficiently by getting students to campus, and use data on trends in our region to optimize our offerings. You'll create the systems and processes that help us deliver a high-quality short form experience for every student, every time. You'll also depend on many other departments and people in the organization to accomplish your goals (the Experience team, the Education Programs team, the Marketing team, and more) and should be adept at managing through influence. You are comfortable holding your peers accountable, and work collaboratively to shape timelines and marshal the right resources from groups beyond your own.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Program Planning & Forecasting: Develop a quarterly C&W schedule that optimizes market demand and fills our classrooms. Carefully select a mixture of productized & new class content for your market and forecast the revenue impact against quarterly business goals.
- Program Execution and Scheduling: You manage all aspects of program execution and aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty. From making sure the instructors show up on time to checking the A/V to writing copy and coordinating with our admissions team to make sure the C&Ws are strategically aligned with course launches, you are a rockstar at ensuring details are in place.
- Instructor Recruiting and Management: Finding talented instructors and experts is the key to developing a great class or workshop. You will source and evaluate the right people for the job and interface with them while they teach with GA.
- Managing the Student Experience: You are responsible for ensuring that the students have a great in-class experience. Through student feedback and impeccable program execution, students should feel that General Assembly is invested in their success and feel welcomed into the GA Community.
- Social Media Management: You will manage General Assembly’s social media pages.
- Copywriting / Content Creation: You will own the production of content in areas like blog pieces showcasing alumni success stories, events, etc; Where needed, you may be asked to help with copy for articles and other assets the Regional Director might require.
- Event Management Support: You will support the Marketing Manager with event operations and event management as needed.
- Strategic Guidance and Team Contribution: General Assembly is a young, fast-growing company, and strategic decisions need to be made on the fly. As a Producer, you will have a hand in those decisions, including participating in decisions around the prioritization and direction of content. You will work closely with other team members (including marketing, admissions, and operations) to ensure the growth and success of the market as a whole.
- Tracking & Reporting: You will keep track of and report on all metrics surrounding your workshops plan, identify opportunities and optimizations and address pacing issues as necessary.
- 3+ years of work experience, preferably in a customer facing, fast paced role
- Ability to analyze data and make strategic decisions from it
- Some prior experience in startups or tech companies is ideal
- An ability to multitask, prioritize, problem-solve, and execute in a timely fashion
- Excellent organizational skills are essential to this role