Who We Are
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
General Assembly is seeking an Instructor Manager to support high quality learning experiences on our Seattle campus.
General Assembly’s success depends on the passion and quality of our instructional teams, which are made up of top industry professionals from a variety of fields including data science, software development and design. The Instructor Manager’s role is to hire, coach and support these individuals as they work to facilitate effective instruction. Working in close partnership with local and Global teams, the Instructor Manager will ensure that GA classrooms are staffed with the right mix of instructors who are eager and ready to share their expertise with our students.
- Identifying and selecting promising industry professionals to ensure the best practitioners are hired for instructional roles
- Managing professional behavior, retention and ongoing professional development and growth of 12-24 direct reports
- Planning and scheduling of instructors to ensure that all classrooms are properly staffed
- Partnering with the Regional Director on forecasting instructional team needs and managing costs
- Observing instruction and providing coaching feedback to address issues and support continuous growth of instructors
- Partnering with the local team to triage and support issues as they arise with instructors, students and other stakeholders
- Participating in the Global Instructor Manager community, sharing local learnings and helping shape the future of instruction at GA
Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated expertise in people management and/or coaching
- Previous experience in education, adult learning or corporate training highly preferred
- Proficiency in hiring and building teams
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic Hiring and Staffing
- Managerial Courage
- Priority Setting
- Developing Direct Reports
- Dealing with Ambiguity