Who We Are
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
The goal of the Career Coach (CC) is to ensure students are supported as they start to think about their next professional steps and graduates are prepared and confident in their job search. A balance of supporting students to meet their obligations of becoming a qualified job seeker, developing market specific career development curriculum, delivering programs and content appropriate for the tech industry, and ensuring that graduates are empowered to find jobs in a timely manner and find roles that they are passionate about.
***This is a part-time role.
- Responds to students and job seeker needs to identify challenges and mitigate areas of struggle to develop cohesive and intentional action plans. Responsible for grading and giving feedback on student homework pertaining to the Outcomes Program.
- Documents student outreach in reporting tools.
- Strives to understand and engage the local tech scene and incorporate this community and perspective as much as possible.
- Serves as an accountability and thought partner to students and local GA teammates (Instruction, Admissions, Marketing) and communicates a consistent, thoughtful, and unified message
- Assists On-campus Career Coach with managing a robust pipeline of students and graduates through scalable and innovative programming initiatives, one-on-ones, employer engagement
- May need to occasionally deliver meaningful programs that meet the Outcomes Baseline Commitment and incorporates the 5 Themes to Outcomes Success to reinforce best practices and empower job seekers to lead a successful and strategic job search
- Coach & Counselor - Ensure all job-seeking students & graduates have a smooth transition from the classroom to job seeking and that they feel supported during this process. Reduce anxiety for students & graduates around their job search through clear communication. Help students identify their personal goals to best impact their job search & educational experience.
- Internal Team Connector - Utilize and coordinate with GA community resources as needed to acquire additional educational opportunities (mock technical interviews, project feedback, etc.)
- Risk Management - Track student progress and highlight to teammates and stakeholders when a student isn’t doing well or falling out of communication. Also, ensure that we’re putting quality, qualified grads into our community.
- May need to support with content delivery - Educate students & graduates of immersive programs on skills needed to perform an effective job search. Lead both recurring one-on-one and classroom based programming.
- Motivating Others
- Managing Vision & Purpose
- Innovation Management:
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Presentation Skills