Who We Are
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
Seeking a Full-Time Outcomes Career Coach in Singapore
We’re looking for someone who can build relationships with employers in the tech industry, and help our graduates find opportunities in Digital Marketing, Data Science, User Experience Design, and Software Engineering.
The goal of the Career Coach is to ensure that students are supported as they start to think about their next professional steps, and graduates are prepared and confident in their job search. The career coach builds relationships with employers in the tech industry and matches graduates to open roles. A balance of ensuring that graduates are empowered to find jobs in a timely manner, as well as find roles that they are passionate about, is critical for this role.
- Coach & Career Counselor - Ensure all job-seeking students & graduates have a smooth transition from the classroom to job seeking and that they feel supported during this process. Reduce anxiety for students & graduates around their job search through clear communication. Help students identify their personal goals to best impact their job search & educational experience.
- Employer Outreach & Business Development - Build industry connections with Employers in Singapore who are hiring for software engineering, UX design, digital marketing, and data science roles. Strategize and execute a plan for building and nurturing relationships with employers. This includes but is not limited to activities such as: networking at tech events, organising monthly GA events for employer outreach, etc.
- Content Delivery - Educate students & graduates of immersive programs on skills needed to perform an effective job search. Lead both recurring one-on-one and classroom based programming.
- Content Creation - Work with teams at GA that are responsible for curriculum to highlight updates as needed and create new student-facing resources. Be a key thought partner in the curriculum and resource creation.
- Internal Team Connector - Utilize and coordinate with GA community resources as needed to acquire additional educational opportunities (mock technical interviews, project feedback, etc.)
- Risk Management - Track student progress and highlight to teammates and stakeholders when a student isn’t doing well or falling out of communication. Also, ensure that we’re putting quality, qualified grads into our community.
- Tracking & Driving Metrics - Track the readiness and progress of job seekers, accurately forecast outcomes metrics, prioritize your support efforts based on this forecasting, iterate on coaching strategies and tactics to effectively achieve desired team goals at scale.
- Produce Hiring Events - Organise hiring events for graduates to meet prospective employers.
Skills & Qualifications
- 4+ years of work experience in recruiting, HR, or career coaching. Account management or sales experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with the tech and digital landscape in Singapore; previous experience working in some facet of the tech industry.
- Awareness of tech job market and breadth of opportunities - you are going to be assisting our graduates land roles in Software Engineering, Data Science, Digital Marketing, and User Experience Design.
- Passionate about education & technology.
- Engaging, and comfortable presenting both one-on-one and delivering to a large group.
- Able to give constructive, positive feedback to people of diverse professional and life backgrounds.
- Resourceful; able to pull educational resources from the community and to tailor lesson plans/meetings based on graduate needs.
- Able to manage large volume of requests and organize systems to keep track of students in various stages.
- Highly organized & data conscious.
- High emotional intelligence; able to empathize with others and can handle other people’s stress.
- Experience working in a startup - nice to have
- Motivating Others: Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; can assess each person’s hot button and use it to get the best out of him/her; pushes tasks and decisions down; empowers others; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; makes each individual feel his/her work is important; is someone people like working for and with.
- Managing Vision & Purpose: Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose; talks beyond today; talks about possibilities; is optimistic; creates mileposts and symbols to rally support behind the vision; makes the vision shareable by everyone; can inspire and motivate entire units or organizations.
- Innovation Management: Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market; has good judgment about which creative ideas and suggestions will work; has a sense about managing the creative process of others; can facilitate effective brainstorming; can project how potential ideas may play out in the marketplace.
- Managing and Measuring Work: Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions; sets clear objectives and measures; monitors process, progress, and results; designs feedback loops into work.
- Organizing: Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Listening: Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
- Patience: Is tolerant with people and processes; listens and checks before acting; tries to understand the people and the data before making judgments and acting; waits for others to catch up before acting; sensitive to due process and proper pacing; follows established process.
- Presentation Skills: Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, direct reports, and bosses; is effective both inside and outside the organization, on both cool data and hot and controversial topics; commands attention and can manage group processes during the presentation; can change tactics midstream when something isn’t working.