Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
Team & Function Overview:
General Assembly (GA)’s Enterprise (B2B) sales team has established a new Enterprise Sales Development Representative role tasked with assisting our rapidly growing Enterprise team in growing GA’s business through customer acquisition. This role will serve the integral purpose of supporting GA’s Account Directors in executing GA’s largest enterprise deals from initial contact to deal delivery. With GA’s recent acquisition, B2B sales are a top priority for GA, and the members of this team will be significant players in driving the success of GA’s Enterprise team. All Sales Associates will be a part of our Enterprise Sales Training program with the goal of moving Sales Associates into Account Director roles.
Top Funnel Activity
- Reach out to potential customers through email, phone and social media in order to qualify sales opportunities for the wider Enterprise team
- Research, identify and contact potential GA customers
- Assist in the development and ever evolving team prospecting strategy
- Provide potential customers with an articulate understanding of GA’s mission as well as the products and services GA can provide
- Manage and maintain a deep pipeline of potential customers
- Liaise between top of funnel prospects and GA account directors by both facilitating calls or meetings, and strategically partnering with account directors on target clients
- Ensure that all hand offs to account directors are smooth and exceed customer expectations
- Support tenured AE’s to close large enterprise deals and help navigate through complex sales through call prep, deck creation and targeted follow up.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fully proficient in a Mac and Google environment
- Proficient in Google Suite and/or Microsoft Office
- Experience writing emails and utilizing social media
- Demonstrate the ability to quickly build rapport both internally and externally
- Ability to seek, structure, and synthesize large amounts of qualitative and quantitative information to solve problems
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or other related fields preferred not required (marketing, communications, writing, etc...)
- 0-2+ years of experience in sales or other related fields (Previous experience not required)
- Drives Results
- Action Oriented
- Balances stakeholders
- Communicate effectively
- Interpersonal savvy
- Customer focus
- Situational Adaptability