Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
The Content Operations Manager is responsible for designing, managing, optimizing, and messaging work management standards, processes, and special projects for the Content team.
Ensuring transparency, efficiency, and clear communications across the Content team’s internal and cross-functional projects, the Operations Manager works with a range of stakeholders and Content’s Copy, Design, and Web Production team members to streamline projects big and small and bring them to fruition.
A clear communicator and impeccable organizer, this detailed-oriented collaborator thrives in a busy environment, juggling multiple projects at once. This person harnesses, organizes, and documents the resources and tools created by the Content team, and develops scalable processes to distribute them and ensure their proper usage.
A natural leader who easily commands the respect of the team and builds trusted relationships at all levels, the Content Operations Manager play a pivotal role in representing and optimizing Content team resources in cross-functional endeavors. In this aspect, this person solicits stakeholder and user input, organizes and streamlines project logistics, and works across disciplines to troubleshoot, optimize, and collaborate.
An enthusiastic problem solver who thrives on being engaged at all levels of delivery, the Operations Manager confidently collaborates with in-house General Assembly product managers, marketing and engineering professionals, and senior leadership, and more to ensure the organization is poised to meet the objectives and goals of each project on time and on budget.
- Work closely with the Director of Content and other Content Team Leads to document, communicate, and facilitate best practices for special projects, BAU workflows, and rollout of creative resources.
- Manage the Content Production team to seamlessly build and update new web pages and develop content management systems; set goals and expectations for Associate Content Producer and other junior talent in this function where applicable.
- Develop scalable content production processes including work intake and prioritization processes; creating templates for frequently used operational documentation; writing asset usage and other guidelines; enhance visibility of Content team members and responsibilities by knowledge sharing across internal tools such as Confluence, JIRA, and Slack.
- Leverages technical acumen and emotional intelligence to translate business needs and resources across engineering and Content teams in the development, maintenance, and debugging of GA’s proprietary website Drupal CMS; collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to identify opportunities for CMS growth and functionality; identify and report bugs; QA new feature releases; help overcome tech debt with legacy systems and bridge gaps across platforms.
- Collaborates with key members of the Marketing team to represent and streamline Content workflows in multi-touch campaigns big and small, establishing timelines, asset parameters, and go-to-market strategies.
- Work closely with the Finance, Legal, and Content teams to maintain freelancer onboarding including contracting and invoicing.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 3-5 years hands-on project management experience, preferably in an Agile environment in service of product development work with heavy content delivery.
- Experience managing cross-departmental work in JIRA or similar project management tools.
- Model a philosophy of curiosity- and trust-based conflict resolution.
- Excellent written and general communication skills, with flexible voice that can adapt to messaging across a range of internal platforms and audiences.
- Working experience in creative disciplines involving copy and/or design a plus.
- Communication and Documentation
- Cross-functional Collaboration