Who We Are
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 alumni — and counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
As a key member of the Campus Team, you will make operational decisions for your P&L to execute on General Assembly’s overall growth objectives. This is an opportunity to flex your General Management muscles by owning the full suite of qualitative and quantitative performance for your campus. The Regional Director will also play a key role in driving growth initiatives through B2C and B2B channels.
- Own the P&L for General Assembly’s Seattle campus; set targets, determine resource requirements, and make key strategic decisions with the utmost concern for educational quality.
- Oversee your local market’s day-to-day operations including marketing, admissions, classroom experience for education programs, student outcomes (helping our grads find jobs), campus facilities, building a great team including local instructors, and cultivating an alumni network of raving fans.
- Draft, implement, manage, monitor, and report on quarterly budgets and key objectives. You know your dashboard inside and out e.g. funnel, conversion rates, student satisfaction, team bandwidth, revenue, costs, and classroom utilization.
- Communicate priorities and recommendations to Senior Regional Director to manage and grow the market from a revenue target perspective.
- Provide clear communication to campus team on company performance, tying to global initiatives.
- Manage a diverse local team of employees, including junior managers. Spot talent needs and hire, coach and develop high-potential contributors. At the end of the day, you hire great people and keep them engaged. You’re a strong team leader and communicator, and inspire your team to perform at a high level.
- Manage performance, crafting development plans and establishing success metrics that encourage the team to strive for and achieve success.
- Collaborate with General Assembly's senior management team and department heads to set goals, determine resource requirements, and make key strategic decisions.
- Keep tabs on the competitive landscape, understanding the tactics and strategies employed by comparable businesses.
- Own the full suite of qualitative and quantitative performance for your campus.
- Act as external face of the market in the local community.
- Reports directly into Senior Regional Director, overseeing multiple campuses or business units.
- You are an entrepreneurial, quantitative leader, and passionate about education. Perhaps you have started your own business before, or run a business unit within an existing company.
- You have a proven track record running a P&L. You’re comfortable with the financial concepts that come with that, including income statements, unit economics and revenue recognition. You have strong business acumen and deeply understand the unit economics of the business and can speak to their business performance.
- You exercise short-term pragmatism while maintaining long-term vision.
- You have advanced leadership abilities, including managing managers, and can motivate and inspire a team with diverse perspectives.
- You’re a strong listener who can hear students, instructors, and staff and make changes to improve the organization.
- Financial Acumen
- Drives results
- Customer focus
- Strategic agility
- Action oriented
- Cultivates innovation
- Demonstrates self-awareness
- Drives engagement