Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
Seeking a Part-Time Local Marketing Associate in Atlanta!
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly organized individual, who leads by example. The Local Marketing Associate will support the local marketing team in the promotion and execution of events, workshops, and other creative, local campaigns that will drive foot traffic to campus and grow General Assembly’s presence in Atlanta. This is a role for a motivated team player who wants to be part of fast-paced, growing educational community. This is a part time role (around 20 hours/week) working out of Atlanta location.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to) the following:
- Support event and workshop operations by handling administrative duties such as instructor onboarding, contract and payment requests, event planning and execution
- Collect and report on feedback from events and workshops to local marketing team and other stakeholders
- Serve as the main point of contact and representative at 2-3 evening evenings a week ensuring a quality experience for partners, speakers and attendees
- Act as a brand ambassador for GA; Understands our products and is able to answer general questions about them
- Produce marketing assets and write event copy as needed
- Send pre and post program email communications to attendees, partners and speakers
- Work closely with the operations team on local social media promotions
Skills & Qualifications:
- You are detail-oriented with strong organization skills
- You are able to anticipate customer needs and act accordingly
- You maintain a positive and professional demeanor
- You can navigate an ever-changing, fast paced startup environment and demonstrable ability to come up with solutions
- You are able to multi-task and enjoy wearing many hats
- You learn new processes quickly and accurately
- You are proactive and comfortable working with minimal supervision
- You are comfortable speaking at the front of a room
- Prior customer service experience and/or strong networking abilities strongly preferred
- Time Management
- Customer Focus