Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
We are looking for a well rounded individual, who leads by example. Our community is at the heart of what we do at GA and we need someone bright, kind, and organized to be the face and first interaction with our students, instructors, and other stakeholders who work out of our space. We are looking for someone with a strong customer service background and a readiness to handle lots of moving pieces.
This position is heavily involved in public-facing functions like greeting students/instructors, checking guests in, assisting with events and class setup, troubleshooting AV/technical issues as they arise, and tidying up before/after classes...all with a smile on your face.
The main focus of this role is to be a customer service wizard, but here are other day to day tasks that you’ll be assisting in:
- Greeting everyone who walks through the door
- Acting as a brand ambassador for GA; Understands our products and is able to answer general questions about them
- Checking students/guests in for classes and events
- Assisting instructors with setup of projectors/presentations prior to class
- Setting up rooms for classes and spaces for events
- Troubleshooting AV/technical issues that arise
- Working closely with other campus experience team members to help students and employees find solutions to problems in a timely manner
- Assisting production team with general responsibilities associated with running a course, including but not limited to data entry and system administration
- Ordering food and beverages for courses and events
- Other responsibilities as assigned by your Manager and varying by market
- You are able to anticipate customer needs and act accordingly
- You maintain a positive and professional demeanor in challenging situations
- You are able to multi-task and enjoy wearing many hats
- You learn new processes quickly and accurately
- You are proactive and comfortable working with minimal supervision
- Prior customer service experience (startup and/or restaurant experience a plus)
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs
- Customer Focus
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Problem Solving
- Learning on the Fly