Who We Are:
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 60,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our upskilling and reskilling initiatives. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
GA is at the leading edge of creating practical solutions to one of the most pressing challenges of our time - the future of work. As recognized by The World Economic Forum, BCG, the OECD and more, these are big challenges to which only a few companies are offering real solutions. In this role, you'll be speaking every day to corporate leaders who rely on GA to help them apply these solutions to their workforce of the future.
General Assembly is innovating how the Fortune 500 and government entities upskill and reskill their talent pipeline to have the technical skills in software engineering, data science, UX, Project Management, and more for the future. The services practice is focused on financial, professional, government, and technology services. Representative clients include Guardian, Booz Allen Hamilton, the US Department of Defense, and Cognizant. We are looking for a sharp, seasoned leader with experience selling business solutions into professional services organizations and the government sector to drive our commercial growth forward.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Lead and grow a team of account directors, with responsibility for hiring, retention, development, and coaching.
- Develop industry specific insights and play the role of thought leader for our clients.
- Refine and execute our Go-To-Market approach for financial services, professional services, technology services, and government agencies, including customers to target, positioning, and relevant thought leadership.
- Formulate and lead appropriate account teams and technical resources to execute on a well-defined, collaborative pursuit strategy to acquire target prospects and orchestrate internal and external resources to close the sale.
- Maintain and build rapport with senior executives and officials to formulate strong, long term business relationships built on trust.
- Lead negotiation of prices and contracts, and understand the legal ramifications of contracts.
- Develop and maintain a pipeline according to targets, and provides clear and accurate reporting of sales outcomes and activities.
- Develop and grow existing account relationships by deeply understanding how GA can partner best with our clients on an ongoing basis.
Practice Area & Who You’ll Work With:
- We focus on both public and private sector partnerships. In the latter, we focus on four primary industry sub-verticals: financial services, professional and technology services, CPG and industrials.
- Within these companies, you’ll be working with Chief Digital Officers, Chief HR Officers, Chief Marketing Officers and individual functional owners of the various disciplines e.g. Head of Digital Marketing, Head of Data Analytics, etc.
- Internally, you’ll report to the VP of Global Enterprise Sales, who in turn reports to the GM of the Enterprise Business globally. In addition, you’ll work in close collaboration with a talented and sharp team of client engagement managers, curriculum designers, and external subject matter experts from some of the world’s leading companies.
If you’re the right person for this role, you probably:
- Have experience selling into financial, professional, and /or technology services organizations
- Have government sales experience
- Are intellectually curious, and excited by working on challenging problems and complex negotiations across lengthy sales and business development cycles.
- Are hard working and self-motivated.
- Are excited by, and have conversational fluency around the technology landscape, including topics such as software engineering, digital marketing and data science.
- You must be comfortable taking on annual quota while you build out your team
- This role requires significant travel, up to 50% of the time.
- Must have 5+ years of experience managing engagements and projects with large companies
($1m+) and/or driving enterprise sales & growth, working directly with VP, SVP, and C-level clients at large companies (private and government agencies).
- Excel at designing and articulating complex client proposals.
- Are organized and capable of managing a robust pipeline of business development, sales, and partnership opportunities.
- Current or previous management consulting experience preferred.
- MBA or graduate work preferred, but not essential if you have learned similar skills in practice.
- Must have experience hiring, developing and leading a team.
- Can be based in New York City, Boston, or Washington, DC.
- Career Ambition
- Problem Solving
- Business Acumen
- Intellectual Horsepower
- Drive For Results
- Action Oriented
- Political Savvy
- Comfort Around Higher Management