Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly organized individual, who leads by example. The Local Marketing Associate will support the local marketing team in the promotion and execution of events, workshops, and other creative, local campaigns that will drive foot traffic to campus and grow General Assembly’s presence in Denver. This is a role for a motivated team player who wants to be part of fast-paced, growing educational community.
Seeking a Part-Time Local Marketing Associate in Denver!
Responsibilities Include (but not limited to) the following:
- Support event and workshop operations by handling administrative duties.
- Update admin documents and platforms daily.
- Support new and existing marketing campaigns.
- Serve as a point of contact on all pre and post-program communications as well as any logistic updates.
- Collaborate with local operations team on event and workshop run of show logistics.
- Produce marketing assets, content, and copy for social media.
- Manage local Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook platforms.
- Create a content calendar and track weekly performance.
- Act as a brand ambassador and answer any general questions about GA.
- Occasionally recruit panelists and sponsors for events.
- Share event and workshop feedback amongst the local marketing team and external stakeholders.
Skills & Qualifications
- You are detail-oriented with strong organization skills
- You are able to anticipate customer needs and act accordingly
- You maintain a positive and professional demeanor
- You can navigate an ever-changing, fast-paced startup environment and demonstrable ability to come up with solutions
- You are able to multi-task and enjoy wearing many hats
- You learn new processes quickly and accurately
- You are proactive and comfortable working with minimal supervision
- You are comfortable speaking at the front of a room
- Prior customer service experience and/or strong networking abilities strongly preferred
- Bonus: Google Drive, Asana, Canva, Buffer, Slack, Photography
- Time Management
- Customer Focus
- Critical thinking