Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
The Consumer Operations Associate role reports to the Director, Consumer Operations, and will support the management of the Student Experience and Campus Operations teams. This role will be responsible for weekly reporting, working with internal teams to improve tool and process adoption, managing communications related to new product launches and the day-to-day troubleshooting for our 16 global campuses. This is a part-time position and will require 25 hours of work weekly.
- Work cross-functionality with geographically dispersed teams and HQ teams to roll out new products, processes and systems
- Report weekly on operations, student experience, and instructor data; analyze key metrics to identify areas of improvement
- Continuously train local operations teams on systems and procedures to support program quality and student experience
- Identify knowledge and skill gaps; create workshops and supporting documentation to address them
- Evaluate, create and implement processes to create scalable and sustainable infrastructure across 16 global campuses
We're looking for someone with at least 2-3 years of prior work experience, with a strong work ethic, a high level of comfort with data, polished communication skills, infectious positive energy, and a passion for fast-paced and dynamic environments. Background in technology is a plus, but we are specifically interested in the following traits:
- You are savvy with data
- You know how to translate data into insights for our global and local campus teams.
- You are an unabashed fan of spreadsheets, and can slice, dice, and visualize data to uncover important trends in instruction across all our campuses.
- You are entrepreneurial and scrappy
- You prefer the opportunity that comes from being part of a small team to the predictability that comes with larger organizations. You are comfortable with ambiguity and not afraid of getting your hands dirty.
- You take great pride in your organizational skills. You have alarmingly impressive skills with your calendar and inbox, and strong opinions on productivity hacks and note-taking approaches.
- You are a strong communicator
- You can communicate in a structured, concise, and compelling way with our instructional and local campus teams.
- You are collaborative but self-directed
- You enjoy working with others, but are independent and resourceful and require minimal guidance. You are not possessive of ideas or thin-skinned when it comes to critique.
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Drive for results
- Manages Ambiguity