Who we are
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
We are looking for a well-rounded individual, who leads by example. Our community is at the heart of what we do at GA, and we need someone bright, kind, and organized to be the face of GA with our students, instructors, and other stakeholders. We are looking for someone with a strong customer service background, a mind for process management, and an eagerness to handle lots of moving pieces.
This position will be responsible for smooth operations and quality experiences on our campus, through administrative tasks, team leadership, and a welcoming smile! In addition, this position is heavily involved in student-facing functions like checking in on guests/students, and assisting with events and classes as needed!
- Act as the first point of contact for student+guest inquiries, escalating inquiries to the appropriate team in the company whenever necessary.
- Check-in with all students (especially part-time) to provide world-class customer service and receive student feedback, strategizing on them to ensure the best of experience for our students.
- Coordinate facilities management such as troubleshooting AV/tech issues as needed and classroom space maintenance.
- Assist in event and workshop organization at General Assembly Toronto.
- Conduct various administrative tasks as needed by Marketing/Admissions/Product/Outcomes team.
- This is a part-time role. Shifts are 4 hours in length (9am-1pm, 1pm-5pm, 5.30pm-9.30pm). We are especially looking for ONE person to fill in 9am-1pm shift from Monday to Thursday and SEVERAL people who are available in the evening (5.30 pm to 9.30 pm) and weekends.
- Great written and verbal communication skills. Given the heavy student-facing nature of the role, we are looking for someone who is great with people and can be engaged in conversation.
- Tech-savvy and ability to pick up systems quickly.
- Experience in customer service an asset!
- Sense of urgency
- Problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Motivating others