Who We Are
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
In this 10-week course, students will receive a practical introduction to the interdisciplinary ﬁeld of data science and machine learning, which is at the intersection of computer science, statistics, and business. We are looking for an instructor to lead this transformative experience through General Assembly’s part-time Data Science course.
Skills & Qualifications
- You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and trajectories of the newest generation of data scientists.
- You are the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are trying to figure something out.
- You have at least 2 years of industry experience with data science (prior teaching experience a plus)
- You have fluency in most of the following topics: Probability, Statistics; Python (other scripting languages such as R a plus); AWS, EMR, MapReduce and/or Hadoop; Manipulation of large data sets; Data visualization techniques; Databases; Algorithms; Machine learning
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Teach 3 hours per evening, 2 days a week, for 12 weeks
- Instructors will need to commit a few hours per week preparing lessons and materials, leveraging existing GA curriculum content.
- Work alongside GA staff and teaching team to best meet the needs and learning styles of your students.
- Guide students through development of a stellar final project that will showcase their abilities to hiring managers.
- Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community.
- Inspire students to persevere through the challenges of learning a new suite of skills