Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
General Assembly is looking for a Talent Acquisition Specialist to join our Talent and People team! As our Talent Acquisition Specialist, you should be highly adept at full-cycle recruitment in a fast-paced and high-volume startup atmosphere. You’ll be responsible for driving a positive candidate experience for all applicants, whether interviewed or not, while partnering with hiring teams on defining competencies, scoping interview process, sourcing, screening and making offers to new team members. The Talent Acquisition Specialist will also be responsible for partnering with internal teams to build out pipelines, attend events and meetups in the community, and get the GA brand out there as a positive place to work across the globe.
- Partner with hiring managers to provide timely sourcing, screening, interviewing and selection of candidates who meet the requirements and competencies of GA teams.
- Full life cycle recruiting – consultative requisition kickoffs, market analysis for competitive advantage, sourcing, interviewing, offer negotiations, etc.
- Identify, develop and maintain a network of contacts and resources to generate qualified, diverse candidate pools for strategic needs in an effective manner.
- Maintain accurate and concise records regarding the recruitment and selection process within our ATS (Greenhouse).
- Manage the candidate experience as he/she goes through the recruitment process.
- Build relationships with cross-functional departments (HR OP’s, HRBP’s, FP&A, Enterprise, Admissions, etc.).
- Actively engage and initiate process improvements as needed.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 3+ years of experience recruiting for enterprise sales and sales leadership roles in a combination of corporate and staffing environments.
- Proficiency in applicant tracking systems, preferably Greenhouse, and sourcing tools such as LinkedIn Recruiter, AngelList, etc.
- Multi-state and international experience in recruiting strongly preferred.
- Have a client-focused and customer-centric attitude and aptitude.
- Experience using data to help influence and advise hiring managers and internal stakeholders in talent decisions.
- Experience effectively hiring, nurturing and closing talent.
- Significant experience with passive candidate sourcing.
- Excellent communication, time management, and negotiation skills.
- Hiring and Staffing You have a nose for talent and guide hiring the best people available from inside or outside. You know how to structure an interview process and ask the right behavioral questions to discern strong candidates.
- Process Management You’re good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done and understand how to separate and combine tasks into efficient recruiting workflow. You can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others often can't and you get more out of fewer resources (i.e. use every part of the buffalo). You’re systems and digitally savvy in all approaches to sourcing great talent, and are highly organized and metrics driven –you always know where the funnel is, ROI per source, and are creative at solving sourcing challenges.
- Drive For Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Composure: Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn’t show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis.
- Dealing With Ambiguity Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Business Acumen Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Intellectual Horsepower Is bright and intelligent; deals with concepts and complexity comfortably; described as intellectually sharp, capable, and agile.