Who We Are
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
General Assembly is hiring a talented Account Executive with a proven track record of success. You will work closely with employers to understand their workforce needs and help to adapt General Assembly curricula to create perfect matches. You thrive by cultivating, promoting, and maintaining long-lasting relationships at all levels, and have a desire to help companies develop their employees through General Assembly’s educational programming.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Identify new business opportunities by monitoring inbound marketing channels and activities.
- Work with the Transactional Sales Manager to develop and grow the sales pipeline to consistently meet quarterly revenue goals, including through outreach to prospective clients.
- Research and identify potential sales opportunities with corporate clients and making those partnerships happen.
- Test new strategies and techniques and provide meaningful and tailored information about General Assembly’s offerings to potential clients.
- Act as a high integrity culture carrier.
Skills & Qualifications
- Familiarity with General Assembly offerings a plus
- Proven past success in a transactional selling environment.
- Ability to manage complex sales cycles.
- Confidence selling in both 1:1 and 1:many situations.
- Ability to identify client challenges, and develop creative solutions in close collaboration with clients.
- The ability to effectively and persuasively communicate with Fortune 100 decision makers (typically SVP level+).
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Entrepreneur at heart – you enjoy working as part of a small team, rapidly iterating on strategy, and getting your hands dirty to build something great.
- Competitive nature, drive to succeed in a target-driven environment.
- 4 year college degree.
- Action Oriented
- Balances Stakeholders
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Drives Results
- Plans & Aligns