Who are we?
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
As the Local Marketing Lead you will own the local marketing plan in Seattle from end to end. You'll create a strategy that allows us to grow the business efficiently by getting students to campus and use data on trends in our region to optimize our offerings. You'll capture and create value through high-impact, high-volume events, classes and workshops and be responsible for creating meaningful partnership opportunities with noteworthy companies and organizations in Seattle’s tech, design, startup and enterprise ecosystem. Ultimately, you will be responsible for increasing the size of the General Assembly audience and maintaining a highly engaged and valuable community, allowing GA to continue to grow, scale and change lives.
You'll collaborate closely with many people in the organization to accomplish your goals (the Admissions team, the Operations team, the Instruction team, the Global Marketing team, and more) and should be adept at managing through influence. And you will report directly to Seattle’s Regional Director.
- Program Planning + Forecasting: Develop a quarterly events and workshops schedule that optimizes market demand and fills our event space and/or classrooms. Carefully select a mixture of content for your market and forecast the impact against quarterly business goals. Identify the proper speakers, partners and instructors to ensure quality programming that fills the room.
- Program Execution and Scheduling: You manage all aspects of program execution and aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty. From making sure speakers and instructors show up on time to checking the A/V to writing copy and coordinating with our admissions team on strategically alignment with course launches, you are a rockstar at ensuring details are in place. You will be the face of GA and responsible for high-energy introductions and kickoffs for programs.
- Identify relevant new audiences and identify the best way to bring them to GA
- Partnership Outreach & Management: You will cultivate new partnerships and maintain relationships with current partners in order to co-develop event content and co-market events on campus.
- Tracking & Reporting: You will keep track of and report on all metrics surrounding your event and workshops plan, identify opportunities and optimizations and address pacing issues as necessary.
- Leader within the local marketing org, supporting team members by testing and rolling out new initiatives
- Helps to train, onboard and manage local marketing associates based on company knowledge and expertise, takes on mentor role.
- Instructor Recruiting and Management: Finding talented instructors and experts is the key to developing a great class or workshop. You will source and evaluate the right people for the job and interface with them while they teach with GA.
- Managing the Student Experience: You are responsible for ensuring that the students have a great class, workshop or event experience. Through student feedback and impeccable program execution, students should feel that General Assembly is invested in their success and feel welcomed into the GA Community.
- Drive strategy for all owned projects, in partnership with the appropriate stakeholders across the organization.
- Craft project plans, establish success metrics, manage timelines, collaborate with cross-functional business partners, and lead communication internally and externally to ensure alignment of all aspects, up to project launch.
- Analyze and assess the results once projects go live, making adjustments as necessary.
- Manage and Monitor marketing spend against quarterly budgets and key objectives. You know your dashboard well e.g. top of the funnel growth, lead quality, conversion rates, revenue, and expense.
- Communicate priorities and recommendations to Regional Director to manage and grow the marketing funnel in support of the market’s revenue target.
- You have 2-3 years of prior marketing experience, with exposure to - and a solid understanding of - a range of marketing channels, such as: events, guerrilla tactics, growth hacking, partnerships, email, website, paid, social, and content.
- You are entrepreneurial, independent, and self-directed, with the ability to set your own goals and priorities with minimal guidance. You are comfortable with ambiguity and last-minute changes and remain calm under pressure.
- You have previous experience making decisions based on analyzing quantitative and qualitative data.
- You are highly organized: When it comes to workflow, you take pride in your organizational skills. You can coordinate multiple projects at once and work with all necessary parties externally and internally to get the job done. You have the ability to multi-task, prioritize, problem-solve, and execute in a timely fashion.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You are comfortable speaking at the front of a room
- A passion for education is a plus