Sales Development Lead
Are you hungry to develop the first $1M of qualified sales at an early stage startup that’s bringing consumer-grade software to the manufacturing industry?
The manufacturing floor is one of the world’s most essential value-creators, but today’s frontline industrial teams are “getting by” with outdated software that is not designed for their workflows.
We’re tired of watching legacy software drag down these essential workers, so we're building beautiful, powerful, intelligent mobile software to change that. As part of the Genba team, you will work with a small (but mighty! 💪) group of individuals who share a dedication to radically improving the way that work happens in industry.
This is an exceptional opportunity to own a critical function at a high-growth company with an inspiring mission. Genba's first mobile app condenses complex industrial workflows into intuitive, polished UX, and is enabled with differentiated technology like trained speech-to-text algorithms. Backed by the trusted startup studio Pioneer Square Labs and the Fortune 500 company Fortive Corporation, with customers such as GE Power and Pratt & Whitney, we are well positioned for success.
Genba is looking for a teammate who is hungry to sell an innovative product to an essential segment of the economy. This critical role will directly propel Genba to it’s first $1M in revenue. You will be a customer’s first direct point of contract with Genba. Your key objective is to develop a high volume of prospects into sales qualified leads that are interested in a product demo or trial discussions with the company’s founders or Account Executives. The ideal candidate will possess a growth mindset, and will be interested in eventually moving into an Account Executive role to help Genba close new logos directly (or can already dip into this role from prior experience). This is an individual contributor role to begin, although close collaboration across the company is imperative. This position reports to the CEO of Genba.
What You’ll Do
- Turn marketing leads and prospects into sales opportunities through the use of sales engagement cadences which include phone calls, email, LinkedIn and other social mediums
- Be the first point of contact for new business prospects and nurture them until passing them to an AE through a succinct and positive handoff experience
- Research account and prospect leads, and prepare strategic executive summaries for sales executives ahead of their discovery meetings
- Seek and capture learnings through the sales process in order to optimize messaging
- Partner with Marketing and Customer Success teams to coordinate, communicate, and optimize the full E2E customer journey
- Diligently update HubSpot, our CRM, to stay current on leads and follow-ups
- Participate in demo calls and other sales activities expand your knowledge and skill set
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or related field
- 2+ years of full time Sales Development experience, preferably in B2B Saas products
- Direct experience or familiarity selling in the manufacturing space or related industries is a BIG plus
- Must be a self-starter who excels in fast-paced, autonomous environments
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to diligently manage a large sales funnel
- A growth mindset, and the desire to continually learn and optimize the sales process
- Bonus points for startup experience or other high growth environments
What You’ll Get
- Ground floor experience building a high-growth startup
- Equity for every employee
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision benefits
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Work anywhere (we are a remote work company)
- Work anytime (you own your schedule)
- Home office stipend
- Great tools (HubSpot, Sales Navigator, Zoominfo, and whatever else you need)